Chapter 25

The moment Liam stepped off the plane he's been mentally counting down the hours, minutes and seconds until he could go home and be with his family.

One Direction were finally having an extended break in the tour, giving them time to level their heads and see friends and family for longer than seventy-two hours. But before they could metaphorically part ways, they had a meeting with their record label and needed to film some promo for upcoming events and possible award speeches for things they've been nominated for and wouldn't be in the country to accept because of their hectic tour schedule and timezone differences.

Harry jumped up and left the second they were excused, lately he's been in the clouds with his new mystery friend. He said he didn't want to rush anything, so he was holding back information until he himself knew where the friendship was headed - but from what Harry has said and the amount of flowers he's been sending, Liam knew it would be a positive outcome.

Zayn waited to get up until Liam did, following him out of the room. "Hey, can we talk for a second?"

Liam stopped outside the lift, pressing the button and kept his eyes on the illuminated numbers as they descended to their level because he didn't want to argue. "Sure."

"It's Brooklyn's birthday in two days and I sort of want to be with her on her birthday, and my lawyer said that's okay if you agree." He murmured his words, stepping slightly closer so people walking by couldn't eavesdrop.

Liam walked into the lift, nodding his head and smiling politely at the people who exited. "You should've asked me sooner, I've already made plans."

"Well can I come then? I just want to be with her because I won't see her until next month since we're on tour and the court doesn't want her flying back and forth." He chewed on the inside of his bottom lip, nervous for Liam's response because Zayn's never been in this position before - having to ask for permission to spend time with his own daughter.

Liam sighed, watching the numbers as the lift went down to the underground parking garage. "I don't know. I'll have to talk to Niall so I'll call you tonight or something, yeah."

"What, why do you need to ask him if I can see my daughter?" He snapped, huffing out a breath when he remember that getting snippy won't help him get any closer to being with his daughter.

"Brooklyn and Aybrum are four months apart so I thought giving them both a party at once would be a good idea, because I'll be away when it's Aybrum's birthday and I still technically want to celebrate with him." Liam braced himself for Zayn's wrath as the words left his mouth.

"You're taking away my babies special day -" he cut himself off and pinched the bridge of his nose, taking a few breaths. "It doesn't matter, I just want to know if I can come. I've never missed a milestone with her and I'm not going to miss her second birthday, I'll go to the court again if it comes down to that so I can be with her for holidays and birthdays."

"You're not going to threaten me Zayn, I told you I needed to talk with Niall first and then I'd call you but even though he isn't your biggest fan I'm almost positive he would've let you come because he's not cruel enough to keep a child from their parent." Liam snapped back at him, slipping into old habits with Zayn except now he actually had a backbone to defend himself and let his own words be heard.

He rubbed the back of his neck, huffing out another breath. "Just let me know, yeah, I miss her."

"Yeah," Liam walked out of the lift and headed towards an awaiting vehicle, Zayn went towards his own vehicle because they obviously weren't going to the same place and Liam insists they travel separately unless it's the only option - like when they're touring they all take the same jet, but at least then it isn't just the two of them.