Chapter 24

Liam's been dreading this moment since the court ruled in his favour, giving him full custody of Brooklyn with Zayn having monitored visitations every second weekend of the month but he was headed to get Brooklyn from Tricia's house and take her to his own parents house before he catches the plane he was meant to catch twenty-four hours ago but missed because of court.

When Liam arrived at Zayn's mums house, he didn't expect Zayn to be there because technically he wasn't allowed to be around Brooklyn without Liam's mum Karen - who the court had appointed as her temporary guardian while Liam is away on tour.

Liam knew this was hard on Zayn so he wasn't going to say anything because losing parental rights over your own child is heartbreaking enough.

"Brooklyn, it's time to go babe. We need to get to nan's house soon." Liam spoke softly, putting his hands out to the toddler in Zayn's arms.

Zayn had a hand on the back of Brooklyn's head, slightly rocking her in his arms and gave Liam a pleading look. "Please don't do this, I'm sorry okay but you can't take her from me. She's ours and the only thing I have left from that, don't take her away."

"It's not my decision, you lost custody because of your own actions." He took a step closer, not wanting Tricia to hear anything. "Zayn you tried to hurt my son, that's so messed up and I don't feel comfortable with Brooklyn being alone with you. Not when you'll go to extremes like that, it's not safe."

Zayn shook his head and stepped back, keeping his hold on Brooklyn. "I wasn't thinking but I swear it'll never happen again, I got jealous and it was stupid. I know that now."

"Come on babe, it's time to go." Liam smiled towards Brooklyn, getting her to lean towards him with outstretched arms and a goofy grin.

Zayn grabbed Brooklyn's arm, tucking them between his body and hers. "Liam please don't, I can't be without her. She's my baby, please."

Liam sighed, maneuvering around Zayn's quick hands and got a firm hold on Brooklyn; gently prying her from Zayn's arms and managed to keep her calm and oblivious to the whole situation. "I'm sorry, you'll see her soon."

Tricia came into the room when she heard the first pained sob leave her sons mouth, going straight to him and tried her best to comfort him. "If you walk out that door with her I'll never forgive you. Liam she's my baby; my everything. You can't do this, it isn't fair."

He kept bouncing Brooklyn in his arms, distracting her with his hand and faced her away from Zayn. "I'm really sorry Zayn, I am. I didn't want this to be like this either but you put one of my kids in the hospital, I won't let it happen again."

Liam made his way towards the door again, heading out as quickly as possible incase Zayn followed him because Liam didn't want Brooklyn getting caught in the middle. But they safely made it out to Liam's awaiting vehicle.

"Where go, papa? Daddy come?" Brooklyn questioned once Liam climbed in and started the vehicle.

"No only you and I are going to nan's, princess. We'll get there soon, have dinner together and get you into bed before I catch a plane. Then I'll be back in a few months but you'll stay with nan until then." He explained, keeping everything casual.

She nodded, resting her head back against her seat. "Okay, love you."

Brooklyn was a lot more relaxed at Liam leaving when Zayn wasn't present, and she was used to staying with one of her grandparents while her daddies were on tour so he rarely fussed over the matter.

So hopefully this new arrangement won't be too difficult or strenuous on the toddler.

"Love you too." He smiled at her in the rearview mirror.