Chapter 17

Liam wasn't able to get ahold of Zayn after dinner, so he went ahead and went to Niall's once they'd all said their goodbyes. He sent his bodyguard back to the hotel as well, not feeling the need to have a babysitter when he was very much capable of catching a cab back to the hotel when he was ready.

Liam carried Aybrum into the flat, holding the sleeping toddler as Niall maneuvered his trainers off and tactfully peeled off Aybrum's light jacket as well.

"Can you put him in his room and I'll go put the kettle on." Niall murmured softly, leaning up to kiss the side of the toddlers face and brushed his knuckles along his smooth cheek.

He nodded, "Do I need to change him or anything?"

"Bollocks, yeah - um, maybe I should just go do it myself." He went to take the toddler from him, but Liam stepped back.

"It's alright, I can do it. He's probably easier than Brooklyn. Unless she's asleep, she fights with me every time." His smile faded when he noticed the expression on Niall's face, "He just needs pajamas and a pull-up change though, right?"

Niall pushed his fingers through his seemingly disheveled hair, "Yeah, but are you sure you want -"

"Niall, I can do this. This isn't my first time." He assured, side stepping him and moved towards Aybrum's bedroom.

"Alright, yeah." He sighed, "I'll be in the kitchen then." Without another word, he kissed Aybrum one last time and headed off into the other room as Liam carried the sleeping toddler away.
_____
Twenty minutes later, Liam was silently walking into the kitchen and came up behind Niall, wrapping his arms loosely around his lower waist and rested his chin on his shoulder.

He jumped, grabbing his chest and huffed out a breath as he pushed out of Liam's grasp. "What are you doing?"

"I thought - um, aren't we - I don't know, what do you think I was doing?" He stammered, rubbing the back of his neck and tried not to let his burning embarrassment show.

"I don't know, Liam, that's why I asked you." He snapped, taking a breath or two when he realized he was getting worked up over nothing. "I didn't ask you over for that, because no offense, but I don't want you to touch me after you've had your hands on Zayn. I asked you here so we could talk about potentially letting Aybrum go with you on tour for a week or so."

"Oh." Liam stepped back and leaned up against the counter, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'd love to have him with me, but I don't have anyone to watch him when I'm busy and can't be there."

"Well who watches Brooklyn?"

"Zayn and I, she comes everywhere with us."

"Aybrum's yours too, I don't see why it's a problem bringing him with you then."

"The public doesn't know who he is, and we can't pretend he's someone in managements kid, because our fans know every detail." Liam took a deep breath, regretting the words he was about to say because he knows it's unfair. "I just don't want to ruin our private lives. I've worked this hard to keep them intact and I won't spoil it."

Niall caught his eyes with his own, "Not even for your son? Who you've seen no more than a couple handful of times since he was born."

"That's not being fair, I love Aybrum. You know I do."

"No, you're not being fair. Why do you keep putting him dead last in your priorities? He needs you too, Liam, and I've repeatedly given you the chance to be there for him before it's too late. So stop wasting my time, his time and yours, if you're just going to back out in the end."

Liam went to say something but closed his mouth, because if he went with the first thing he thought of, it would most likely be the wrong thing to say.

"Can you please just leave, this was a huge mistake. I'll see you whenever you find it convenient to see your child again." Niall had already headed towards the door, knowing Liam was going to follow and opened the door for him. "Leave, goodbye."

"Niall, I -"

"I asked you to leave, not to make more excuses. I get it, alright. I do. Now just go." He cut him off, not wanting to hear it and slammed the door, locking it once Liam had stepped out.

Liam stood there, waiting a few seconds and then tried knocking on the door. "Can't we talk about this more, please? This isn't how I want to leave things between us. Niall?" He huffed out a breath after five minutes of off and on knocking, followed by pleading.
______________________________
(authors note: I'm terrible, I let you all think Niam were at least going to have sex, but nope. Niall's officially fed up with Liam's excuses, and I can guarantee Niall's going to a have a "love interest" within the next chapter or two.

Do you want more Niall and Aybrum time? If so, do you have any places you'd liked to see them go? Like the zoo, carnival, etc.

p.s. please, please take a second to follow me on twitter -> @zmelec <- If you follow me and tweet me saying you're from wattpad, I'll follow you back there!

Comment, comment, comment!!!)