Chapter 18

"I kidnapped a Pixie."

"WHAT?" Emma gaped at him. Jake smirked, and put a finger to his lips, gesturing to the driver of the carriage.

"While you collapsed in your room last night, I went pixie hunting. London's full of them, because of the old buildings. All of them seemed to be friends of Annabel."

"She has to work on her friend group," she muttered. "By the way, when do you SLEEP?"

"I had about 4 hours to sleep." He said it like that there was nothing unnatural about that.

"We should publish a book called I Survived Kidnapping a Pixie." She muttered under her breath. "So, where is this Pixie, I didn't get to take a selfie with it last time." Jake rolled his eyes. He gestured to the zipper pocket of his light jacket. She sighed. "No selfies." The carriage drove through the streets, some buildings looked like they belonged in the 1700's, while the others looked newly built. The gray clouds hid the sun, making everything pale and colorless. The carriage halted in front of a greek temple style building. With columns and the marble stairs. It looked like something that dropped out of a time machine from Greece.

"Welcome to the British Museum," He murmured, opening the carriage door. "Why in the world does she want to go here?" Emma took his hand and hopped of the carriage.

"To have bloody tea, with her pixie friends of course."

***

Faerie was a total contrast from the foggy streets of London. They had found a portal, thanks to Cristina who was on expert on anything Faerie, (*cough* *cough* Mark.) near the London institute. Julian trekked through the sun dappled forest, following the path, surrounded by the untouched nature. The sun streamed through the blossoming trees, which hid far more than average insects he knew. It was like he was strolling through a painting, except there was the chance that something could attack them from out of the trees, and they would end right there. Cristina and Mark were murmuring something in front of him. All attempts of conversations had ended long time back. Emma's cheery chatter wasn't there to fill up the space. Emma. She was both a blessing and a curse. At the moment, a very painful curse that had entrapped his heart impossibly. The golden sunshine that fell on everything could be used as part of Emma's corn silk hair. Those long thick golden eyelashes that fluttered over her golden brown pupils. Those plump rosy lips, that were unbearably soft. Those pale long arms, that he wanted to hold, with all her scars. Mark muttered something about the palace being near. The portal had delivered them nearer than they had expected. He could see silhouette of the grand structure getting nearer. His nerves were a wreck right now, but his mask was holding, by now, only Emma could read what a mess he was. Or the Seelie Queen. The two causes of his wrecked nerves.

The Palace was literally waiting for them, doors wide open. The Queen was obviously expecting them. All of them knew how much she adored playing games with Shadowhunters. Wicked, cruel, mind games. The throne room was rose themed today. Delicate crimson roses bloomed on one wall, from their leafy green vines. On the other, were frothy white roses. But what chilled him, was the roof. Protruding with thorns. In the center of the roof, were 8 roses spiked with thorns. 6 white roses. One red rose. And one, sad charcoal black rose, that seemed to be bleeding red. Livvy. The Seelie Queen truly was a Queen, of mind games. This one, was purely created for him. He tore his eyes away, and turned his attention to the the stunningly beautiful woman, dressed in....thorns. A spiked red rose, served as a bow at her waist. Her copper hair was tied in a complicated bun, held up by pins, or thorns. He crimson lips, formed into a wicked smile.

"Need a favor already, my darling prince?" Julian clenched his fists.

"In order to deliver the book to you, we need to delay the curse, or--"

"Break it?" It was like she was laughing at him. "Why if I broke it, why would you give me the my book. I cannot trust one, who is a lie himself." Julian felt himself wince. Mark tensed at his side. "There is no solution to the curse," her stark blue eyes pierced into his. "For now."

"I promised you the Black Volume. But I need a way to delay the curse. I can't catch Emma--" She interrupted again.

"Is it her, you need to catch; now?" Something cold, went up his spine. The boy. So much like himself. Dark hair. Blue eyes. But there was this beauty about him. It obviously attracted Emma. He shoved those thoughts back into his dark side. His eyes met the Queen's cold, calculating ones. She knew. It was bait. She threw him another bloody smile, as if confirming his thoughts.

"Well, if to delay the curse, is all you seek," She sent a questioning glance his way. He pushed the darkness down. "Then that is what you will receive." She gestured for a servant to come up to them. The disturbingly alluring faerie handed Cristina a small glass bottle, tinted blue. "This ointment is to rub on your Parabatai rune. It will not delay the curse. It will simply numb the pain." She tossed him one of her wicked grins. "But not all pain, of course." Mark looked like he was waiting for his order to attack. He waited. His eyes telling her to go on. There was always more. "But, the ointment has only 2 drops. That will give you 1 day, and 1 night, it will end sometime on the 2nd day. Beware." She smiled a dismissive smile. The bowed their heads in thanks. They turned for the doors, when Julian felt an icy hand on his shoulder, stopping him. The Seelie Queen brought her lips to his ear. "There is one way that I know of to break the curse, though you might not find it much enticing." Julian felt his breath chill. "You have to burn, dear prince. Burn and the curse is no more. But alas, how do you burn without death?" The Queen smiled wickedly.