Chapter 13

Cristina frustratedly shoved the drawers open. Emma's room looked ransacked, even more cluttered than before. She groaned. She stood by the open window again, wondering how long Emma had been gone. London. Cristina never learned, like the time she had locked them all in to save the child from Riders of Mannon. She hear the voices of the Blackthorns, who she had hurriedly awoken in her hurry to find Emma. The only room she hadn't looked in, was Julian's, since she didn't want to intrude. Emma could've been in there, but something in her gut just worried her. She heard the door open downstairs, and barged out of the room. Julian, Clary, Jace, Jem, and Tessa, were standing at the entrance.

"Julian, Emma's gone." Julian's face contorted into many emotions, none which she could name.

"Emma? We just saw her...." Jace stopped. And Cristina realized, Emma's disappearance wasn't the only events to take place that night. She took in Julian's ruffled look, and the bloodied seraph blade.

"She went to London, didn't she." Something like rage showed on Julian's face.

"London?" Tessa raised her eyebrows. Mark appeared on the stairway, freezing at the sight of them.

"What..." Cristina sighed inwardly.

***

"We'll explain later," Julian said as he followed Cristina upstairs. She had every reason to leave, but he had trusted her, she was his parabatai. But she had trusted him too, and he had used their curse. It was like some sick revenge. Cristina waited until Mark was inside and shut the door to Emma's room. The room looked like a mess.

Cristina leaned against the door. "She left through the window. It was wide open when I came in, I don't know when she left." He knew exactly when she left. Cristina turned to him. "What exactly happened after we went to our rooms. You didn't lock us in this time, so I'm curious." Julian winced.

"Emma and I went to talk on the beach, and we met the Riders of Mannon. And Emma seems to have a thing for killing off their group members one by one, this time it was Karn." Cristina didn't look surprised, Mark just looked annoyed.

"Go on."

"We were going to fail, so I may have used the curse as an advantage..." They gaped at him. "We had done it before, we burned down a church. Anyway, She ran off, and they all appeared, and now they know about me and Emma..."

"You BURNED DOWN A CHURCH?"

"You screwed up." Cristina said, ignoring Mark. They all just stood there in silence, thinking about the huge mess they were in. Finally, Cristina spoke up.

"We're going to follow her aren't we? She's going to London." She surveyed the room, and suddenly strode over to Emma's bed, startling them both. She plucked and object from behind a pillow. Julian suddenly recognized the deep blue phone case.

"She left her damn phone." Cristina turned it on, and sighed. "Her password?" She looked at Julian.

"I think it was 'Emma.'" Cristina looked shocked.

"Emma's worse than my father, and he can't remember his own password." She tapped tapped the screen a few times, and groaned frustratedly. "There's nothing in here anyway," she threw the phone to Julian. " And what exactly are we going to tell them."

"I don't know," he sighed, and opened the door. And to his astonishment, the rest of the Blackthorns, (except Tavvy) tumbled into the room.

"Well," Mark said.

"Um, would you believe us if we said we all suddenly collapsed into Emma's door for no reason?" Kit inquired. Ty grimaced.

"We're not complete idiots, we could help you," Ty said.

"You heard everything?" Julian sighed.

"From the part where we found out Emma's password," Dru grinned.

"He's right, Jules, they could keep Clary and Jace and the rest distracted for a while, at least, they wouldn't come to any harm," Mark argued.

"Fine," Julian gave in. "But I'm calling Diana."