Chapter 1

Clary Fairchild was fidgeting with her new silk dress as Isabelle (Lewis) burst into the room, tears running down her face, looking the total opposite of a newly wed. Clary jumped of her bed and rushed toward Isabelle, hugging her tightly.

"Izzy, what's wrong?"

"Dad--Robert Lightwood's...dead!" She sobbed. Clary was speechless, she helped Isabelle onto the bed, and held her. Isabelle looked up. "I'm sorry...Am I making you late for your engagement party?"

 " Oh no, no Izzy!!! I would gladly refuse for you!!"

Clary grabbed her phone and dialed Jace's number. She waited. And waited. By the time Jace actually picked up, Clary was steaming.

"Hey babe--"

"JACE OH MY GOD. WHY DON'T YOU EVER PICK UP THE PHONE?!"

"Oh my god, chill Clary, what have you been drinking?"

"JACE--I'm not joking, Robert Lightwood's dead." The other end was silent for a moment.

"Alec and the Blackthorns are in Alicante with Robert, we gotta go."

"I'll meet you at Simon's with Isabelle."

"See you then, Clary, love you."

"Love you too."

"Oh, by the way. Was it vodka or wine?" Clary ended the call. 

Isabelle was silent throughout the whole drive, and when they finally got to Simon's, Simon hugged her carefully. Jace appeared, in black, combat ready.

"Izzy," He stroked her face. "What happened?" Izzy sniffled.

"Annabel Blackthorn happened. The consul is in pieces, and Livvy Blackthorn is dead." They were all silent, taking the news in. Clary struggled to open the portal, and they all stepped in, knowing, that another war; was on the rise.