Chapter 22

Kit gaped at the ghost. She was quite beautiful, in a 1800s way. She was wearing a gown from that era, her blonde hair was tied up in a fancy bun and she had amber gold eyes. What startled him was, she looked a little bit like Emma. But less rough, with more delicate features.

"Again, what are you staring at?" She narrowed her eyes at them.

"Um--sorry." He stammered.

"Who are you?" Dru asked.

"I'm Jessamine, the guardian of the London institute." They all stared at each other. "Your in more trouble than any of the others, it seems. Even Will couldn't manage that much. How in the world did you lose the Black Volume?" she smirked.

"Well at least we're not ghosts," Kit retorted. Jessamine scowled.

"Anyway, What are you going to do?" Jessamine glared at him. But before either them could claw out each other's eyes--Kit's eyes--Ty interrupted.

"How do you bring someone back to life?" Dru and Kit stared at him. Even Jessamine was silent.

"Ty.....you can't do that," Dru murmured.

"Livvy wanted to live. Livvy wanted to be my parabatai. She should be here--"

"Ty," Kit said. "Livvy's dead. If you bring her back to life, or try, you're no better of than Malcolm." Ty's eyes were defiant. A frustrated sigh broke into the silence.

"You're all asking the wrong questions." Jessamine groaned. "And you, have gone absolutely bonkers." That was pointed at Ty. "What you should be asking, is how you're going to end this war." They all stared at her.

"How do we get rid of the Black Volume?" Dru asked.

"Finally."

*******

The feeling of riding on a motorcycle was familiar. The rush of the sea, and the wind as it breezed past, her hair floating behind her, her arms around......Jake. Traffic screamed in her years. As did Julian's voice. Tightly gripping Jake's back, she scanned the streets. A flash of red silk caught her eye. Along with the commotion. People shouted.

"Do you see her?" Jake asked. She caught Annabel again.

"Follow the really loud curses." A large colorful crowd appeared ahead. Someone screamed "Bloody hell." Emma silently agreed.

"What in bloody..." Jake trailed off.

***

Emma's copper hair glinted in the light, and he lost sight of her in the crowds. Julian turned of the motorcycle, scowling. Mark appeared beside him.

"Um, Jules, what's that?"

"NO." Julian cursed. "God, No."