Chapter 7

Julian stared at where Emma had just left. It reminded him of when they had just become parabatai, they would fight about who would go on the mission. She would usually stalk out saying that he couldn't stop her, and he would just go along anyway. But things had changed over the years. Because of another stupid Shadowhunter law. Lex malla, Lex nulla, didn't exactly help in their situation.

"Well, we can't let Emma go alone can we?" Mark broke the silence.

"I'm more worried for the safety of London." Julian stood up, running a hand

"I wouldn't want to be the clave right now, Emma's a walking sword," Cristina got up to leave. "I'm going to find her before she slices some poor scholomance student into little Zara Dearborns."

"Actually she might run into Zara herself and cut her into mini Cortanas." Mark left after her. Soon, Julian was alone in the room. Livvy's face flashed through his mind. The way she fell, slumped on the floor. Rage rushed through him, aimed at himself, for being unable to protect his family. He would kill everything in his path that tries to harm his family. Prince of Thorns, the Seelie Queen had called him. Only, he had a soft spot for his parabatai. Julian knew that Emma would break his heart the day he fell in love with her.

***

"Emma?" Cristina knocked on the door. "Please don't kill yourself doing this." There was no answer. "You're not only hurting yourself if you do this." She sighed, and added. "You're pretty much stabbing Julian in the heart if you do this."

"Well, it's not only for his sake I'm doing this. He'll get over it." Emma's voice was soft, and she could hear something clattering on the floor.

"You're not something he could lose, Emma." Cristina leaned on the door.

"He won't lose me, we're parabatai forever since we were twelve." There was a pause. "I will stand by his side as his best friend." The door opened, and Cristina crashed into Emma. Emma smirked. "Now, I need to find a way that I can get the black volume, without getting anyone hurt, and being able to slice Annabel into pieces."

"And without getting yourself killed." Cristina added. "You're not doing this alone, Emma." Emma shut the door, and turned to face her.

"The Blackthorns can't come." Emma's eyes lost their warm golden hue for a moment. "I'm not losing another one." She fingered Cortana with familiarity that Emma only had with her sword. "And it's best for the world that Julian is not with me. I would rather not turn into a homicidal tornado that tries to destroy him and everyone I love."

"Okay, First of all, you are a homicidal tornado already. Second, you're not going to get yourself killed even if you don't want to be near Julian. We can manage that and still come with you." Emma grunted, which Cristina hoped was a sign she agreed.

"So, the plan."

"We're going to London, darling." Emma said in a british accent. "Do I look like a young hot college student to you?" Cristina gaped. "So, that's a no?" Cristina stood, trying to process this in her mind. "Well, we needed to go shopping anyway."

"OH MY GOD NO. WE ARE NOT GOING TO THAT ANTIQUE SHOP AGAIN!"

"It's not a Antique shop." But she saw Emma hold back a grin. "Why does everyone have something against my shop."

"Emma, how about, I take you shopping this time." Emma was already grabbing the car keys.

"So, where?"

"LA."