Chapter thirty one

Naruto POV
Why did I have to be selfish and put everyone through this pain? Danzo was right, a demon doesn't deserve to be happy. If he killed me, I wouldn't struggle because I deserve suffering.

I look at Shika and tears begin to pour down my cheeks. Danzo cackles and takes a step back.

"Shika I'm sorry for loving you."

Shika shook his head. I turned to Danzo and closed my eyes, my head dropping. Everything was now over, the pathetic life of Naruto was coming to an end. A smile found its way on to my face. Maybe in death, I would finally make people happy.

The blow never came. I opened my eyes to see Danzo sat down in the same position as Shika. Shadow possession! I saw the strained look on his face and the root ninjas heading towards him. He was crazy, the jutsu was hurting him and the ninja were coming for him.

"Leave him alone."

Still they came.

A kunai hit Shika in the stomach, causing him to keel over. A scream forcing its way out of both of our throats. Still the jutsu continued. Shika stared straight at me determination in his eyes. Blood was pumping out of his wound and his had began to grow pale. At this rate he was going to die.

In desperation I knew I only had one choice but to call on him. All this time I had suppressed him and even tried to forgot for me to call on him would be extremely dangerous but I had no choice. The fox would have to save us all.

No ones POV
Naruto suddenly went limp. A bloodthirsty cackle filled the room and a power that can only be described as pure evil began to form around Naruto like a cloak. The chains bounding him snapped.

" You wanted to see a demon? Well here's the real thing." Naruto glared at Danzo his eyes now blood red and his whisker scars darker.

To be continued...