Chapter Six

Minami POV

"We need to put up the tents. I'm afraid that I have to talk to Naruto about something so if the rest of you could put up the tents it would be much appreciated." I smiled.

Naruto was a lot paler than before and I could see that his brow was slick with sweat. The trio Kiba, Sakura and Ino - I think that is their names anyway - began to whine about Naruto slacking off.

Grabbing his hand I led him into the surrounding trees, not stopping until we were a good distance away from the rest of the camp. I sat him down on a tree stump and pulled out the first aid kit from my backpack.

"I really appreciate this Minami-san. Normally the fox heals me but for some reason he hasn't this time. Wish he would either let me die or heal me. It would make hiding everything a lot easier. I think I am near my limit." I began to see how aged Naruto's eyes were. 

It was haunting to see such eyes for one so young.

"I guess it became worse. Don't worry I am here for you now. When we make it back to the leaf, I'll ask the Hokage to let me either live in the village with you or for you to leave with me. I promise." I promised. There was no way I would be able to live with myself if I let him live with such a fragile mental state in that hell. At least if I was there I could protect him as much as I could.

His eyes saddened.

"Lord Danzo wouldn't allow that Minami. An angel living with a demon. You're like my guardian angel you know, there to tape my mind together whenever I am falling apart. It is okay, the fact you are here is enough." He winced as I began to sterilise his wound.

Taking out a bandage I began to bind his wound. Carefully I tied it. I hear a snap of a branch and a curse as Naruto pulled his shirt down. There was a heavy sigh as Shikamaru came out.

Naruto growled and pulled out a kunai. He stood in front of me, his teeth bared and ready to fight. 

"You really were wearing an emotional mask. Troublesome blonde, I knew something was off with you." He sighed sitting down.

"Are you here to hurt Minami? If you are I'll kill you." he snarled, the blood lust rolling of him in waves.

"No just passing by. By the looks of things you are the one who's hurt not Minami. Your wound is a little red, you'll want that seeing to professionally or it will go septic. She may be in the medical profession, but she still isn't trained in dealing with things like this." Shikamaru yawned.

"I've had worse. You know if you tell anyone about this, I'll kill you. Surely you have noticed people calling me a demon in the village. Do you want to find out why first hand?" a crazy smile spread on to his face.

What had happened to Naruto while I was away?...