Chapter 12: Heavenly Nightmare

I closed my eyes, and didn't open them. I simply sat there as the darkness possessed me. No longer looking out the window as I repositioned my back and the next thing I knew, I awoke in a different world. My heart skipped a beat when I opened my eyes, Initially I thought that I was awakening in a demonic environment except that didn't seem to be the case. This wasn't a nightmare, this was a simple fantasy. I was in a bed laying on my side, while in front of me Sophie rested with her eyes closed, fast asleep as her quiet snore filled my ears.

This was heaven as the morning light shined through the window and blanketed us in a golden glow. Sophie looked like an angel next to me as I glanced around the rest of the room and it quickly appeared to be some sort of hotel, then looking at the window again a subtle breeze made the curtain blow as the smell of the ocean graced our senses. I sat up and behind Sophie on the nightstand, I could see a card with the words Owen & Sophie are getting married. This must be how I envisioned our honeymoon. I thought to myself while I laid back down to look at the angel beside me.

As I laid there, I realized that there was something intimate about watching her when she slept. The way her body lifted up ever so slightly before lowering right after. The small smile on her face that she was completely oblivious of and then there was the way her nose crinkled up after every few seconds. She was perfect, this was perfect. I never wanted to leave.

Moving my hand I gently caressed her cheek and it actually felt like I was touching her flesh. It was so soft as I moved back some of her hair that was teasing her lips to back behind her ear. The innocent smile on her face twitched as her eyes slowly started to blink open and she casually rubbed them before stretching out while holding the covers against her body until she positioned herself again on the pillow.

"Good morning handsome." She tiredly spoke as her eyes noticed me looking at her.

"Good morning angel, I hope you slept well," I replied and my words almost sounded like an echo.

"I did but there's actually something else I'd like to do." A flirtatious grin crossed her face as she started to move underneath the covers and then I felt her swing her leg over my body so that she was straddling me.

It almost felt like she weighed nothing as her hair created a veil around our heads. All while the look on her face told me about the naughty intentions she had in mind and it was hard to control myself right then and there as she started to lower her head. I closed my eyes as I anticipated to feel the kiss of an angel that I had felt so many times before. Wrapping my arms around her back I held her against me as we kissed. The touch of her lips sent a nerve-numbing shiver down my spine as the kiss itself was fuelled with passion and my primal thoughts started to get away from me. I wanted her as my hands started to wander down her body, only I didn't get too far before as she reached back and grabbed my wrists and pushed them above my head.

"Don't move, I'll do all the work." She commanded and I felt my cheeks get red.

"Then I surrender to you hun," I stated and let my muscles relax as a smile lit up on my face.

I loved when she took charge and it was such a turn on to see how she'd try to be the dominant one of the two of us. Only I couldn't help but tease her as she continued to pin me down. Her lips met mine again and I enjoyed the passionate connection that we shared as I suddenly felt her bite down on my lower lip. It sent another shock up my spine as I opened my eyes to look at her. The smile on her face flirted with me as she started to tug on my lip until finally, her mouth broke away.

"I see we're doing it rough this morning." I joked as I tried to move my hands only to have Sophie pin them back down.

"I said don't move." She playfully hissed at me as I felt her nails start to dig into my wrists.