Chapter 29

The months passed by slowly and turned into a year. Both Aiden's and Bree's birthday passed and it made me realize how lucky I am. We picked Roman and Tej as Aiden's godfathers, Letty and Ramsey were godmothers. He literally just makes everyone's day. He's got one little dimple on his right cheek and has everyone in the palm of his hand.

"Look at this y'all! He's walking! Walking right up to his goddaddy Ro!" Roman shouted as Aiden took his first steps.

"Babe look, awe." I said, exited over the excitement on Roman's face.

"Will you look at that?" Dom said, watching his son walk for the first time.

"Right to goddaddy Ro! He's going places, he knows who go to." Roman exclaimed.

"Yeah, to the one person who's gonna spoil him rotten." Tej argued, bending over with Ramsey and Letty to see if they could get him to do it again.

The godparents spent the rest of the evening getting him to walk all around the house, which Aiden did to the applause of the adults. He's playing the four of them, basking in the attention they give him. My son is a smooth operator and he's got all of their numbers.

"Alright godparents, it's time to put him down for bed so give kisses and hugs." I told them, trying to grab my son.

"Come on Kaylee, a little longer." Ramsey said.

"I'm so hoping he catches onto your accent even a little bit, it's going to be the most adorable thing ever." I told her.

"Is that a yes?" she asked.

"It's a no but you can take him upstairs and get him ready for a quick bath since you all got him sweaty again."

"Yay! Come on handsome, let's go take a bath. Yes, get all nice and . . ." she trailed off as she walked away with Aiden in her arms.

I had to laugh, my son was just giggling all the way upstairs and that's his sleepy giggle. He's ready for bed and I'm ready to put him down to sleep, it's late for him but as soon as he sees Ramsey there's no taking him away from her.

By the time I made it upstairs Ramsey already had him in the tub and they were just laughing away.

"I can take it from here Ramsey." I told her.

"We're almost finished, I'll bring him to his room."

"Fine, I'll just get his clothes and everything ready." I said, chuckling.

"Yes, I didn't do that. Sorry."

"It's okay, I'll get everything ready."

I walked out hearing my son laughing and felt at peace. It took me a few minutes to get everything ready on the changing table so when Ramsey came in everything was set. I sat in the rocking chair and watched her play around with her godson.

"So, how are things going between you and Letty?" I asked, startling her for a second.

"What?"

"You heard me." I said, rocking away.

"How do you . . . you're creepy in the way you just know things." she said.

"Doesn't answer my question. I mean, you can always tell me to just screw off since it's honestly none of my business."

"Things are going, it's slow going but it feels good." she replied with a smile.

"You always know when something's happening." Letty said from the door.

"I see things, the two of you gravitate towards each other and don't notice it. I saw you grab her hand earlier too, it makes me happy that you're happy." I told them.