Chapter 13

We walked down four flights just to make sure that we were safe. Letty fixed herself up as much as she could before walking out to the landing and pushing the elevator button. Panic was setting in on me since I couldn't understand what was going on. We found Tej and Ramsey on the elevator and took it down to the first floor.

The things we were hearing didn't make sense, something about cars flying or cars not flying but I couldn't make anything seem clear. The only thing I knew was that something was definitely wrong and I was proved right. I looked up at the buildings and saw something fly from one building to the next, next thing I know a car hit the ground. Not just a car but the car the these two idiots were riding in.

"DOM!" I shouted, trying to run over to the car but Tej wouldn't let me.

"Baby I'm fine." I heard, making me just slump in Tej's arms.

"You fucking idiot!"

"I'm on my way down." he said, I knew that he was holding his laughter back.

"I swear to God Toretto, I swear on our daughter that if you so much as crack a smile I will kill you." I growled.

"Yes ma'am."

It took them another seven minutes to make it downstairs and I kissed him yes, but I head slapped him too.

"What the hell was that for? I was more than happy with just the kiss." he complained.

"You're lucky I didn't hit something else. You're an idiot! Cars don't fly Toretto!" I said, glaring at him.

"I did what I . . ."

"Finish that sentence and I will murder you."

"I hadn't realized she was this violent before." Roman said.

"Welcome to my world." Dom complained.

"Where are we going now?" I asked, glaring at him.

"Over to Safar's garage, they'll meet up with us there." Ramsey said.

"You coming with me?" I asked her.

"Yes, I'll ride with you." she said quickly.

"Everyone follow me."

"Are you okay? That's a stupid question to ask, I know, but it needs to be asked." Ramsey said when we got in.

"I thought he was in that car." I whispered, pulling my mic and earpiece out.

"I know, I saw the fear on your face. First time I see that kind of fear on someone I know."

"He always does stupid things but I've never been that deathly afraid of something before. I . . . I don't know what I would do if he didn't come back." I told her

"The love the two of you have is something I've never seen before. You're lucky."

"I am, I'm very lucky. We lost each other some time ago and we found what makes us happy again which is each other."

We were silent for a few minutes while I drove and she gave me the directions that we needed. It was a quick drive and a small garage but it did the job. We definitely weren't dressed to be in a garage but it was inconspicuous and the designated meeting space.

"Baby, come here." Dom said, pulling me into his arms.

"You idiot! Why would you . . . how could you . . . you idiot!" I muttered against his chest.

"I didn't expect it to go that way, I made the first jump on purpose but we lost the breaks the second time so I had no choice." he reasoned.

"I don't want to hear about it, I really don't. I just about died when that damn car hit the ground."