Chapter 23

"I thought I'd catch her before she fell asleep." Kaylee said from the door, standing there with her hand over her belly.

"You just missed her."

"Right, I guess . . . good night Dominic."

"Can we talk?"

"We already did, there's nothing to talk about anymore Dom."

"Please, just five minutes."

"Sure, whatever, I'm going to make tea so I'll meet you in the kitchen." she said before walking away.

I did that, I put that hurt look in her eyes and that wall up in between us. Kay, she's as stubborn as they come so I've got no idea what I'm gonna do to fix this. All I know is that I have to fix this, I need to get my fiancé back.

"Hey!"

"I'm gonna go talk to Kaylee, I don't have time . . ."

"You're gonna listen to me and then you go talk to her." Cara insisted when I left Bree's new room.

"What is it? If you're here to chew me out don't waste your time, I know that I fucked up." I told her.

"Good then that means this will go that much faster."

"What do you want Cara?"

"You keep messing her up Dom and this time was the worst you've ever done it." she said so seriously that I felt the jab in my heart, I felt my heart breaking.

"I know that . . ."

"No you don't so let me finish, Kaylee thinks that she's not enough for you, that you don't want the same things. She wants out of this life and you know this, the question is are you really ready to let it all go. I don't think that you are neither does Kay and this Elena thing just proves it."

"I did something yes, but it's not what you think. I don't have to explain myself to you, but I will tell you something. They are my world Cara, I can't lose them or I'll lose my life along with it. I have to make it up to her, I have to get them back." I told her.

"Than give her time, show her that she's not losing you. Bree is confused and worried about this too, it's a lot for a little girl to absorb out of nowhere."

"Dom!" Kaylee shouted.

I think I jumped the entire flight of stairs when I heard her scream. There was fear in her voice and I can't let anything happen to her.

"Kaylee, what's wrong baby?" I asked from the other side of the counter.

"My water broke, it's too soon . . . this can't be happening again." she muttered.

"Cara . . ." I started.

"I've got Bree, go, take her to the doctor." Cara said worriedly, handing me her hospital bag.

Kaylee was hyperventilating and just looking at the ground, I could see the fear covering her and it just pushed me into overdrive. Moving around the counter quickly I just picked her up, ignoring her protests and took her out to the car. With one hand I pulled the passenger door open and sat her inside, putting the bag on her lap.

"You didn't have to carry me." she said when I got in the driver's seat.

"It was easier for me to just carry you." I replied, pulling out of my parking spot.

"This shouldn't be happening . . . I've done everything the doctor said."

"A lot of stress, it's only a month early. Bree was almost two months early and look at her, she's fine. Kaylee, I know that you're mad and you're hurt but I swear on the life of my two children that I haven't spoken to her in months."