Chapter 8

After about an hour we had all of the information we needed, Tej's plan was nuts but it would give us the element of surprise that we need. It's honestly the only way for us to get this Ramsey person and we need something to give us an edge. The people who took her are strategic, pathologically so, they know what they're doing obviously and they're taking extreme safety precautions.

What information we got about this terrorist (I did some hacking) shows that he's a bad cookie. I mean, this guy is . . . had I not been engaged and with a child I'd be attracted to him but he's definitely into no good, very bad things. He's not a known terrorist for nothing; arms trafficking, kidnapping, alliances with known American enemies just to mention a few things about him.

We took the rest of the afternoon to get everything ready for our high octane, crazy ass job. This is going to be one of - if not the craziest thing we've ever done and I can't wait for it. Dom has been super stuck to my side while we worked on our vehicles and I don't know why. It's not normal for him to be this - close to me at all times.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing, what do you mean?" he replied.

"Tu nunca estas tan cerca de mí durante un trabajo, que pasa?"

"I told you, nothing."

"Aja, so why haven't you moved to check on the guys like you normally do?"

"Just watching my girl."

"Why?"

"Cause every guy in the room is staring at you. You and Letty but mostly you, especially in those shorts." Roman said.

"Oh! I forgot about that." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"You would." Dom muttered.

"¿Qué fue eso?" I asked, raising my brow.

"Nothing." he said quickly.

"That's what I thought." I replied.

"And we've found Toretto's achilles heel." Sheppard said.

"You wanna try that again?" I asked the man standing behind me, wrench in hand.

"Not at all." he replied, putting his hands up.

"That's what I thought." I repeated, going back to working on my car.

"She's scary." Sheppard said.

"Yes she is." Tej added.

"Hombres estúpidos me rodean. Uno no puede trabajar en paz con los cabrones estos, no dejan a uno hacer lo que tiene que hacer. Se están buscando un cantazo con la llave está, todos." I muttered to myself.

"Do I even want to know what she's muttering over there." Sheppard asked.

"No." Dom, Mr. Nobody and Letty said.

She was the only one laughing, the rest of the guys looked slightly worried and some of the men around us looked threatened. I sent a smile to everyone around me and that didn't exactly help my situation.

"Don't worry boys, I don't bite . . . too hard." I told them.

"Alright you, back to work." Dom said, glaring at the guys that were staring at me lustily.

"I thought I was working." I replied with the most innocent look I could muster.

"Work on your car." he said, pointing to the vehicle I was working on.

Tej and I had chosen a Jeep for our personal vehicle this time. Tej saw it and got all hormonal teenager while I was just curious. I've always gone for the small and fast car, this is completely out of my comfort zone but it's exciting in its own way. There are a lot of new options with this type of vehicle and I can do more, it'll slow me down just a little but I have more chances for protection with this. Especially with what Tej and I are doing to them.