Chapter 8

Don't try to explain your mind
I know what's happening here
One minute it's love and suddenly
It's like a battlefield
One word turns into a war
Why is it the smallest things that tear us down
My world's nothing when you're gone
I'm out here without a shield
Can't go back now

Both hands tied behind my back for nothing, oh, no
These times when we climb so fast to fall again
Why we gotta fall for it now

I never meant to start a war
You know I never wanna hurt you
Don't even know what we're fighting for

Why does love always feel like ...
a battlefield (battlefield)**
Jordin Sparks**

Stanley was restless in his office. See, apart from being a student he also run a chain if hotels from Dubai to Kenya. He was a very down to earth wealthy business man. He had been thinking about Mercy since they parted ways that fateful day when her brother had shown up and slapped her. It always reminded him of the disturbing chaotic life he had grown from.

His father had been a drunkard who beat his mum on daily basis. On the other hand his mum had left him in the hands of his dad at the age of nine. That meant he had to fend for himself. He had heard his mum died a couple of years later, though the news was unverified.

He decided whatever else that was left could be handled by his very able PA and if anything she could simply give him a call. He had to come back to Kenya to see the lady that made his heart skip a beat. Therefore he ordered his personal assistant Becky to call his pilot in preparation of his private jet. He had to leave that evening and hopefully he'd see Mercy the next day irrespective of time.

Meanwhile at Michaels.....

"Wake up bitch! Time for you to leave!" Michael aroused Mercy shaking her violently.

"What is it? She asked angrily feeling a slight headache.
A slap!

"Wake up you bitch and never fucking step in here. How do you explain me fucking you and you calling out to someone else's name?" Michael asked as he pulled her out like a dog.

"Please let me go....sob...please stop hurting me....sob...please let me leave in peace...if I wronged you please forgive me. I have no knowledge of such. She wailed trying to get off his grip.

After a few more slaps She was thrown out like a dog with nothing on her. She was devastated. She felt demoralise. Fortunately for her the bastard threw her cloths out and locked himself in.

She went home, crying and wondering what she did so wrong that would make the soft spoke Michael to behave like so.

On her way home she called her bff Beka and asked to meet her at her place in a few. Beka called her colleague and told her she'd be late and would go later. She rushed to Mercy's home to know what it was about. She found Mercy devastated and when She saw her she burst into fresh tears.

What's wrong? Beka enquired feeling hurt and wishing there was something she could do for her dear friend. She filled her in on everything and told her that she doesn't know what had happened that made Michael loath and treat her like so.

**********************************
When Stan got to the airport he went directly to his waiting Mercedes. And drove off towards his uncle's, Derricks dad. He hadn't told them that he'd be coming so he found everyone at home. After exchanging pleasantries he asked to speak to Derrick  privately.

What do you think of the story so far?

Who is this Michael and why behave this way?

Anyone could be hurt by the utterances though, don't you think?

What do you think of Beka?

Hot dog or burger?

Next chapter in a few hours, don't forget to vote and leave a comment!