Chapter 1

It was her norm. Going to work at 8.00am and leaving in the wee hours of the night. She would walk swaying her sweet oval hips and round bum. Men admired but feared her. Why? she never understood. She was a barmaid. A pretty one but she never thought so.  Mercy was her name. Sometimes she could feel like someone was following her as she went home but she would just put it behind her. They wouldn’t dare, or so she thought.

Stanley was a handsome young man in his late twenties studying at KCA, he did  accounting. Lived at his uncles’ in Ruai. Shy guy, well-built and very handsome. He had a cousin, Derrick, quite handsome too, funny and social with everyone he’d meet.

Her joint wasn’t a big one compared to Shelter Bar and Restaurant and the likes of Jirani but was equally nice. Men fought just to have a space, to see this beauty. Drips was the name she had called it.

One Saturday evening, Stanley and Derrick decided to walk into Drips. See what their friends had been talking to them about. They wanted to see this lady who was a darling to all men. They couldn’t find a spot, they shoved and pushed to get to the counter and order their poison.

She saw him first, and her heart skipped a beat. She had to rub her eyes and look again!
“Niaje Mercy(hey Mercy)!” Derrick greeted.
“I’m well as you can see. What can I get you?” She said.

Derrick: We need um…

Stanley: Give us two Tuskers please.

He had the huskiest voice she had ever heard. She looked at him and everything came to a stand still. Goodness! She imagine him sliding inside her….. a little moan escaped from her mouth. “oya! Kwani umeona ghost(hey! Have you seen a ghost?)?”
Derrick’s voice brought her back to reality. Then an idea struck. She switched off the DVD and made as if broken. There were noises of patrons who were tipsy shouting their heads off, “rudisha ngoma wewe!(we want the music back!)” She looked at Derrick for ‘help’ and he said , ”well, I am not as good with electronics as Stanley here. Would you mind helping her?”

Stanley! She made a mental note of his name. He said he wouldn’t mind doing it for such a pretty lady. He got inside the small counter. Of course they had to rub or rather touch each other. She felt herself turn hot,. She was blushing! And unluckily Stanley noticed. He smiled warmly and told her not to worry. He doesn’t bite. He however noted that the DVD was alright but made as if trying to resuscitate* it. She knew He knew it was a game. In a few he was out of the counter having had a tight hug from her. He felt his manhood burge and there she knew she’d had him just where she wanted.