Chapter 6

Well I tried this special song,
A love song just for you,
to explain the way you make me feel inside,
thought the meaning may be simple,
And the words may not be new.... 3T

A few months later, he hadn’t shown up and it was seriously weighing down on Mercy. She had dreamt of them having a good time, making out everywhere and anywhere. She knew she was wild when it came to sex but it had been ages since she had like done it with anyone. She missed him, and there was nothing she could do about it. She had no number, no home address, nothing.

Absolutely nothing. She was devastated beyond words. She was no longer the vibrant Mercy that everyone knows. She became ever rude with every passing day. It came from bad to worst and patrons started walking away from her joint.

Then came along Michael. A very handsome twenty five year old gentleman with some nice looks. He was chocolate coloured with brown eyes and real great muscles. His smile was one to die for and more than once Mercy found herself drooling over him.

She had tried to move on after Stanley. Don’t get this wrong, she hadn’t forgotten him. She still thought of him every other day and wished he would just show up.
On this day, Michael had passed by Drips and found Mercy thinking hard. He wondered what Mercy could be thinking so hard about. Then he thought, an opportunity at last.

“Hey you! What’s up? He asked her, waving his hand on her face.

“oh, hi. Sorry I was.. ..never mind. How have you been? She asked

She felt a little awkward. She seriously missed him. Michael started a conversation about her work and how much she made in a day. She asked whether He wanted to open up a joint like hers.
“No! No no no. I wanted to take you out today. Or maybe just lock these doors and let you have some you time, That’s all”. He said.
That wasn’t a bad idea. She had thought. “How about we go to a quiet place….”
How about my place, Michael asked. She was ok with it!. She actually wondered how fast she got into such an agreement.
Well, they went to Michaels. A three bedrooms bungalow. Lovely from inside out. The decor inside reminded mercy of her former home. A place she had cherished with all her heart only to lose it to a loose bitch who decided to ruin it with her husband of two years. They had bought it together and had put all her efforts to make it a lovely home.

They took their booze over random chat here and there about everything and anything. Michael was a charmer. He really wanted to make mercy happy, or so she thought.