Chapter Fourteen -- Tattle Tale

Back in New York ( Five Days Later )

Ethic POV

I sat up in the bed me and Kaila once shared and stretched my arms to the high ceiling of the master bedroom. I feel like I haven't slept in months and by the way everybody been looking at me lately, I'm sure I look like it too. I never thought being a single parent would be so damn hard. Playing momma and daddy was a job itself. A nigga been stressing while Kaila probably somewhere chilling on the beach, drinking daiquiris with a fuckin' umbrella over her head.

In a way, I feel guilty for what she's done to Red. If it wasn't for me, I know none of this would've happened. Red would still be here, Kaila would still be here, Celeste's ass wouldn't be here, and we'll all be living a lie.

A fucking lie.

I got out of the bed before going in the bathroom to handle my business. When I was done, I left my room and went downstairs. I'm usually the last one to get up in the morning, so I wasn't surprised to see Celeste, Megan, and Erik sitting at the round, glass dinning room table eating breakfast that Celeste whipped up for them.

I walked over to my son and wobbled his head playfully. His eyes that him and Kaila both share looked up at me. Every time I looked at him, I cant help but to think of her even more than I'm already am.

"Hey, Dad," he said in a annoyed tone before stuffing his mouth with scrabbled eggs.

"Erik, man you aight?" He used to be happy to see me, now I barely get a smile out of him.

He nodded his head quickly before looking down at the floor.

I stood there starring at him a while before shrugging his unusual attitude off. Maybe he just misses momma. What normal child wouldn't?

Next, I walked around to the other side of the table to my daughter Megan. Her light brown eyes seemed to light up as I leaned down to kiss her light brown cheeks.

"Good morning, Megan," I told her. It's taken a while, but I'm finally getting used to her being around.

"Morning, Ethic!" she said happily.

Celeste smiled a smile that I knew was forced before stroking our daughter's long, brown curly hair. "Remember what we talked about, Meg? It's okay to call him Daddy now, okay?"

I kneeled down to Megan's height in the chair and grabbed her little hand. She turned her head away from Celeste and put her attention on me. I smiled a little at her gorgeous face. She's the prettiest mixed girl I've ever seen. "Your mom's right, Megan. It is okay for you to call me dad, but you can call me anything you like, okay?"

She nodded. "Okay."

I patted her hand and stood up straight before walking into the kitchen to fix my plate of breakfast. I reached up to open one of the many top cabinets, but before I could, I felt hands roaming all over my back. I sighed and turned around to face Celeste. I swear, we go through this every day.

She stood in closely in front of me, looking me in my eyes. I tried looking in hers, but no matter how hard I try, I cant keep my eyes off of the long scar that ran from her forehead to the middle of her eyes. It was another reminder of Kaila.

"Thank you," she said with watery eyes.

"For what?" I know what she was thanking me for, but decided to ask anyway.

She wrapped both of her arms around my neck, the same way Kaila used to do. Damn, I got it bad.

"For what you said. Thank you for not treating her any different from your son."

I reached up and removed her arms slowly. "I'll never do that. I love her as much as I love that little boy in there," I told her honestly.

Celeste began twirling her long hair in her hand, smiling from ear to ear. "I knew we were perfect for each other. Now if I can get you to know that too, we'll have the perfect family."

I shook my head and looked away. "I already had the perfect family," I mumbled to myself.

Celeste let out a frustrated growl before throwing her hands up. "Why cant you get over that bitch! She doesn't love you, she'll---"

I grabbed Celeste by her slender neck, cutting off her words. "If I ever hear you call her out her name again, I'll kill you. You hear me?"

She began clawing at my hand, even though I wasn't choking her hard enough to stop her air flow. "Ethic, I cant breath!"

I tightened my grip, making her bug her eyes. "I said do you hear me!"

She nodded. "Yes! Yes, I hear you!"

I let her go, pushing her body against the kitchen counter. "Your deadline is at the end of the week. If you don't find somewhere else to stay by then, I'm kickin' yo' ass out."

Celeste had tears in her eyes, rubbing her throat like I was really choking her. Her eyes and hair was now wild. "So, you'll kick me and your daughter out on the streets!"

I shook my head and began walking out of the kitchen. I suddenly didn't even have a appetite anymore. "Not her. Just you."

Celeste began crying loud and hard. I swear this bitch deserve a Oscar.

I passed my children who was still eating their food like they didn't have a care in the world, and climbed back up the stairs. I went back inside of my room and noticed my cell phone was blinking it's red light. I went over and picked up the phone which indicated I had a missed call from Demont, my nigga from Jamaica. I haven't linked up with him in a long time, so I knew this wasn't some long-time-no-see bullshit.

I called him back; he answered on the third ring.

"What's up, Demont?"

"Wa'ppun, mon? It's been ah long tyme."

I nodded my head. "Yeah, it has man. Too long."

He lightly chuckled. "You rite! I heard shit's been crazy out 'dere."

"Nothing I cant handle," I brushed him off. I know this nigga didn't call me all the way from Jamaica just for some he-say-she-say bull shit.

"I heard it's been wit' ya' girl. You know, 'dat rude bowy's doh-ta."

"Man, what's up? I know you didn't call me just to tell me what you been hearing ova' there on the island."

He laughed. "Okay, you rite, you rite. Just called to let you know ya' girl's ova' here wit' me. I also heard you two ain't fuckin' 'round no mo' too, mon."

My adrenaline started to pipe up as I repeated the words he just said in my head. Kaila, in Jamaica? "How you know this, man? Did you see her?"

Demont sighed. "Yeah. With me own two eyes! She was wit' rude bowy's best friend Ron in Kingston."

There was nothing else to be said. "Good looking out, man."

I hung up quickly, sending my next call out to LaGuardia Airport.

Next stop, Kingston, Jamaica.

___________________________________________________________________________________

A/N :

Demont snitchin' ass! LOL!

I just uploaded another story by the name of Moment in Time. Personally, I like the story and I think you guys will too. So, I'm asking all of you to please check it out! Feedback is greatly appreciated, too.

As always, Thanks for reading!