Chapter Twelve -- Momma Celeste

Weeks seemed to fly by like minutes in an hour in Jamaica. Thanks to Ron it's been a interesting adventure. I've learned how to hold a normal conversation with Jamaicans, using their Patosis language with them. Ron took me to different restaurants and even a night club. It was the best time I've had in a long time. Without him I couldn't imagine me branching out like I have.

I sat across from Ron, eating the jerk chicken he just ordered for me. It wasn't our first time eating at Tastee Patties, a nice restaurant in Ron's home town, Kingston. The food was good and so was the service.

"Chicken's good?" he asked me. He's been ordering for me for the past weeks and everything he chose was delicious.

I nodded while quickly chewing the food that was in my mouth. I picked up the napkin that layed across my lap and put it to my mouth as I spoke, "It's really good. Food in the States is nothing like this."

Ron smiled while holding his fork in hand. "You're right about that. I'm happy you like it."

I smiled, something I've been doing a lot of lately. Sometimes I wish I could bring Erik here and live here forever. Happily ever after. But I know this isn't a fairy tale and I never end up with my happy ever after.

I looked across the table at Ron as he ate his stuffed crabs. Today he wore a dark blue v neck shirt that showed off his toned muscular arms and dark, designer jeans. His shoes were black leather sneakers by Adidas.

My eyes went to his eyes. They were so mysterious and only held emotion when he smiled. I could never tell what he was thinking and for me, that's weird. His lips looked soft and perfect. They was the perfect size; not too big, not too small.

I let my eyes roam over his body. For a man in his mid forties, he had a very nice build. He could really give Ethic a run for his money. Those broad shoulders and thick arms had me thinking about how easy it would be for him to pick me up and hold me by my butt while I let my legs dangle behind his shoulders as he ate the fuck outta' my...

"Miss. Alexus Chantel?"

I snapped out of my gaze and cleared my freaky fantasies before locking my eyes on his.

"Huh?"

He nodded his head towards my phone on the table that was ringing in a boring tone. "Your phone's ringing," he told me.

I eyed down at my phone. It was my dad calling.

I put my eyes back on Ron and smiled to hide my clear embarrassment. I grabbed the phone while pushing my chair away from the table.

"Excuse me. I have to take this," I told him.

He nodded and put on a cocky smirk. "No problem."

I flashed him one more smile before leaving the table and walking to the other side of the restaurant that had an outside eatery for customers. Only two parties was having dinner so it was the perfect spot.

I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Mommy!"

The most biggest smile came to my face and my heart warmed at the sound of my son's voice. "Hey, baby! How are you?"

He giggled. "I'm fine, Momma."

"That's good, babe. Are you having fun with Daddy?"

He sighed. "Yeah."

I instantly knew something was wrong and it made my gut turn. "What's wrong, Erik? Is he being mean to you?"

He sighed again. "No."

I was getting impatient and started to pace the outside space.

"Well, what's wrong, baby? Why you getting all sad on me?"

The line was silent and the only thing I heard was his breathing. What was he keeping from me?

"Erik?"

My voice was now filled with nothing but worry. If anybody's hurting my son, I'm jumping on the first flight back to New York and rescuing my son. Fuck the police.

He didn't say a word, but I knew he was still there because I still heard his light breathing pace.

"Erik! Answer me!" I yelled into the phone, making everybody turn their heads and look at me.

"Daddy told me not to tell you," he whispered.

I sighed to calm myself down a bit before I called 'Daddy' out of his name. "Listen, Erik. I'm your momma and you can tell me anything, okay? No matter what Daddy says."

"Okay."

"So, talk to me."

"I met my sister. Her name's Megan, Mommy."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and sat down at one of the lonely tables. "Okay. How is she? Do you like her?"

"Not really. Well, I did kinda until her and her momma moved in with us."

The world seemed to stop, putting everything and everybody on pause.

"What?" I questioned, even though I heard clearly what he said.

"I said, I did like her until her and Momma Celeste moved in with me and Daddy a few weeks ago, Mommy."

I didn't say a word. It was my time to breathe on the phone and I'm sure mine isn't as calm as his was a few seconds ago. I feel like a raging bull, ready to attack. My chest heaved in and out as I held the phone up to my ear.

"Mommy? Momma, you there?"

I hung up in my son's face, afraid that if I said something else, it would be too much for his young ears.

"THAT SON OF A BITCH!" I yelled with all of my might. The chatter from the two tables across from me stopped as eyes looked at me like I belonged in a mental institution. After this, they might as well bring me a damn straight jacket.

"What the fuck are y'all lookin' at!" I screamed while getting up, my chair falling to the floor behind me.

I stormed in the restaurant. All eyes on me.

How could he bring a bitch into the home our family shared? I just can't believe he's playin' house with a hoe and their bastard child; got my son, MY fuckin' son calling her 'Momma Celeste'! Oh, fuck no. Hell. Fucking. No!

I didn't realise I was squeezing my phone in my hand so tight that I cracked the screen. I threw it to the floor as I got back to the table with Ron. I began grabbing my shit so I could get the fuck out of here.

Surprise was clearly written all over Ron's face as he stood up. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up. What's wrong?"

I shook my head and began walking out of Tastee Patties. "I'm ready to go. Let's go!"

I left the place and walked out to Ron's waiting car. Ethic really got me fucked up this time. Ain't no way I'm letting this shit slide. No way!