Chapter Thirteen -- ♥ PEACE :)

Ron rushed outside with his keys in one hand and his phone in the other. He unlocked the car doors with the remote on his key chain so I could get in before he approached. I got in and put my head in my hands. I understand why Ethic didn't want Erik to tell me. He knew how I'll react.

Ron got into the car, not looking at me one time. As he pulled away from the restaurant, he only said two words to me. "Where to?"

"My hotel," I told him with attitude. It wasn't directed at him, but at the situation. He seemed not to care though and brushed that shit off anyway.

Twenty five minutes later, I'm back at my destination. Instead of stopping to let me out, Ron parked his car. When he did, I got out, leaving him behind in my white wedge heels. Thoughts of Celeste sleeping in my bed, made my blood boil and I'm sure I had a red face full of anger. I stepped up to the elevator, waiting on it to ding open. Twenty-fifth floor, my floor lit up, letting me know my ride was here.

Right before the doors slid open, I felt somebody stand close to me, so close I felt their body heat. I looked to my left, and surprisingly it was Ron. The doors opened and he went into the empty square room. I still stood in the same place, looking into his eyes.

"Well, are you coming or not? The doors only stay open for so long," he said gently in the accent almost everybody had around here. I tried my hardest not to crack a smile, but failed as I stepped in to the elevator. The doors closed right after I got in.

"There's that smile," he said as we zoomed up inside the walls.

When we reached my floor, I left Ron again, but left the door open for him when I got inside of my room. I reached under the bed, pulling out the big duffel bag that still had money on top of money inside of it. I struggled a bit, but managed to get it on top of my bed. I reached down again under the bed, pulling out my empty suitcase. I heard Ron come into the room and shut the door behind him as I unzipped the luggage. I power walked around him before I began opening the hotel drawers filled with my clothing.

Ron cleared his throat as I picked up bundles of clothing and threw them roughly in the suitcase. He cleared he throat again, but I kept moving. I'm on a whoop-a-nigga-ass mission and if he thinks his throat clearing is going to slow me down then he's sadly mistaken.

I moved around him, going back to the drawers to grab more clothes. This is taking way too long. Why am I packing clothes when I got a duffel bag full of money that can buy me a whole 'nother wardrobe? Fuck these clothes!

I began to walk away from the drawers but was stopped when Ron grabbed my arm. Before I could snap on him, he spoke.

"You sure you wanna leave? You're wanted. WANT-ED. When you step foot back in New York, NYPD is going to be waiting right there for you. Is that what you want? To lose your freedom and your son over some bullshit like this? Is it worth it?"

He let my arm go. His strong words ran through my head like a flash tornado warning on TV. I wanted so bad to say yes, but I only would've sounded like a complete fool. I hate to admit it, but he's right. It's not worth it. He's not worth it. As much as I wanted to kill him right now, I can't lose my freedom and most importantly my son, forever.

I shook my head while searching for anything to look at but his eyes. "You don't understand what he has done. I can't just sit here while my son call another woman mommy. It'll kill me. How could he do this to us? He ruined our family."

My anger died and pain took its place. My emotions got the best of me and I cried in front of Ron for the first time. My knees began to weaken under me and I wavered down to the carpeted floor.

Ron grabbed my shaking hand, pulling me back up into his arms. My head layed on his chest as my eyes became a running faucet. He didn't try to console me and tell me, 'Its okay.' Probably because he know its not. He knows it's not okay to pull the shit Ethic is doing.

Ron held me close to him with his chin resting on my head. He held me so close I heard his heart beat loud in my ears. So close I felt his chest breathing up and down against my head. He held me like I was his woman and he was my man. In a crazy way, that calmed me like a mother singing her crying baby a lullaby.

My cries turned into small sniffs. His grip loosened and I wanted to pull him back. I felt safe in his arms, like nothing in this world could harm me. He let me go and looked down at me, grabbing my chin gently.

"Only weak men hurt women. Love can sometimes be magic, but sometimes magic can just be an illusion." He let go of my chin before reaching in his pocket. He pulled out my phone with the broken screen and handed it to me. "Don't loose your tears on a wasteman, Miss. Kaila."

He turned to leave before I stopped him.

"Wait! Don't leave."

I knew if I stayed here alone, I'll shed so many tears, it'll be a ocean instead of a beach outside of my balcony. Ron turned back around slowly.

"I... I don't wanna be alone. Please. Stay."

Ron shook his head. "No."

My heart dropped and I held my head low in shame. What did I expect? He's just my body guard. My father's bestfriend.

"You can come with me to my home instead."

I looked up at Ron to make sure it was him still standing there. He had his hand held out, waiting for me to take it. My world seemed to brightened a little bit as I took his hand in mine.

Love.

Peace.

Happiness.

The three words that hold so many meanings. The three words that I always prayed for in my life since I was six years old. The three words that I hope for, fight for, kill for.

The three words that I live for.