Chapter Six -- Hurtful Thunder Storm

I rested my bare back against the cold tub, letting the sweet smelling bubbles from Bath & Body Works relax my body. Soft music played in the background as I lifted my champagne glass to my lips.

A knock at the door startled me before I told who ever it was to come in. Ethic stepped in with a frustrated look on his face.

Good, just the person I wanted to see.

"Yo, what's this I hear 'bout you bussin' bitches with glasses at The Raven?"

I took another sip from my glass, slower than the last time like I didn't have a care in the world.

I pulled the glass away from my lips. "What are you? My replacement Father?" I laughed and shook my head.

Ethic rubbed his hands on his Cesar cut before pacing the bathroom. "Kaila, don't fuck with me. Not today. Tell me what happened."

I ignored his demand. "You fucking Celeste?"

He stopped pacing and looked at me like I told him I had a STD. "What?"

I picked up the glass, taking a sip before speaking. "You heard me. No since of beating around the bush," I told him calmly.

"Is that why you almost killed the girl? 'Cause of some petty bullshit like this?"

"You cheating on me is petty?" I questioned.

I stood up from the tub and grabbed the pink plush towel waiting on me. I wrapped my body and proceed to walk out of the bathroom before Ethic grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Let me go," I told him. I had no emotions. This is defiantly the last straw.

"Kaila--"

"Look me in my eyes and tell me you're not cheating on me."

He sighed, rubbed his head, then looked me in the eyes. "I'm not cheating on you, ma."

I turned away, feeling my eyes well up. Ethic put his hand on my chin, turning my head to him gently. "You trust me?"

"Yeah, I trust you," I told him honestly.

He sighed and let me go. I followed him out of the bathroom, watching him pace the floor again.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. He shook his head, letting me know he wasn't talking.

I grabbed his arm. He stopped walking and looked in my eyes. "Tell me," I said. But did I really wanna know?

"Promise you won't get mad."

I shook my head. "I don't make promises I can't keep. You know that."

I walked away to slip on my cotton shorts and half T-shirt. Ethic sat on the bed and rubbed his hand over his Cesar once again. Whatever it is, he's stressed about it.

"Come here," he called out to me. When I did, he pulled me to his lap.

"What's up, Ethic? Come on, it can't be that bad."

He took my hand in his and began to talk carefully. "You remember when I shot that nigga Trevon, right?"

"How could I forget?"

He nodded, then swallowed hard. I feel like one of those girls on Jerry Springer when the boyfriend comes out with his confession.

"Well, you know we stopped talking for a while and shit for a minute. I fucked around with a couple girls to try to forget you."

"Why are you telling me this now?" I felt my temperature rise. My anger was getting put on display.

"One of them girls was Celeste."

I tried to get up, but he kept me held down. I tried to push him, but he still held my hands. With both of our struggle, we both fell on the wooden floor. He landed on top of me, holding my hands above my head and sitting on my legs.

"Get the fuck off of me!" I yelled at him.

"Baby, listen, we wasn't together, so I didn't cheat on you. I'll never fuckin' cheat on you, girl. She was just a one night stand," he tried to explain.

"I bet that bitch been laughing at me behind my back this whole time. I cant believe this. Get off of me!"

I was beyond pissed. This is the main reason why I don't have female friends. All of them bitches are snakes.

The night of my party replayed in my head as I left Celeste and Red to go find Ethic. Our last words kept replaying in my head.

"Play dates?"

"Yeah... I have a daughter around your son's age. Maybe they could play together sometimes."

"What's her name?"

"Megan."

I focused back on reality as Ethic continued to talk on top of me.

"Her daughter..."

He stopped talking. His face looked like he seen a ghost.

"Celeste's daughter," I repeated softly. "Her name's Megan. She's about the same age as Erik."

Ethic let my hands go and bent down to kiss the side of my neck. Dumb move. "What that got to do with us?"

I turned my head, looking under our tall bed. The first thing I spotted was my purple six pound dumbbell. I moaned while reaching under slowly. When my hand finally touched the cold metal, I swiftly pulled it from up under and hit Ethic in the head.

"Fuck!" he moaned while rolling off of me.

I jumped up, dumbbell still in hand. He layed on his side, gripping his head.

I hit him again.

"You son of a bitch! How could you?"

I hit him again.

"It was a mistake, baby," he mumbled while rolling over to his back. Angry tears blocked my vision as my rage became higher.

I threw down the dumbbell and punched him in the face. He jumped up and pushed me on the bed. He got on top of me, holding me down again.

I looked up at him. "Why, Ethic? Why didn't you tell me? We could've worked it out. You ruined us, Ethic."

Tears filled his eyes as he looked down at me. "We can still work it out."

I shook my head. "No. Its over. We're over."

His tears fell on my face, mixing in with mine. "Kaila, think about Erik--"

"Did you think about Erik?" I cut him off angerly.

He didn't say a word.

"Just let me go, Ethic."

He leaned down and kissed my cheek. "I can't, ma. I love you too much. I can't loose you"

"You already have."

Hours passed by quickly and we both feel asleep with our eyes on each other. We both knew it was our last time sharing the same bed. I sat up, unwrapping Ethic's arms from around me. He was sleeping with a pained look on his face.

I looked down at my engagement ring, admiring it one more time before I let it go. It just wasn't meant to be. A single tear escaped my eye as I slid it off my finger.

I stood up and kissed Ethic's cheek before putting the ring on the bedside table. I grabbed my keys and left the house. It was raining outside and I didn't even bother grabbing a umbrella. Where I'm going, it wouldn't matter if I'm soaking wet or dry anyway.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N :

Poor Kaila :(

Where do you think she's going?