Chapter 7: Knowing More (Edit)

The next morning I did the same routine you know the hair, clothes, and makeup. When I finished I went downstairs to find my in the kitchen which was odd since she is usually gone.

"Good morning mom what are you still doing here" I asked taking a bowl out of the cabinet and pouring cereal. "Oh well I enter at 8 today so what time did Alex leave last night?" she asked.

"Well maybe about 10min after you went to bed why?"

"Well what did you guys do I hope both of you were both behaving" she said while giving me a look that said ' You both look cute together'. I groaned and then said" Mom when are you going to drop this Alex and I are not even friends". "I know honey I'm just teasing you but Alex does seem like a good boy I like him" she gave a sigh. "When he wants to be" I mumbled.

"Well honey hurry up its time for you to go or you will be late" she said. I finished my cereal grabbed my bag and walked out the door.

When I arrived at school I was surprised to see Alex waiting at my locker with a cute smile on his face. I know what you're thinking saying his smile was cute but I couldn't help myself. "Hey Angel" he smiled. "Hey Alex what brings you here?" I asked while opening my locker.

"Well I was bored so I decided to wait for that way we could go to class together" he shrugged casually.

Just when I was about to answer Zach came. "Hey Lil "he greeted. "Hey Eli" I greeted back. Now you are probably thinking about the names you see my middle name is Lily and his is Elijah so we greet each other different times with different names.

"Lil?" I looked at Alex and he had a confused look on his face. "Um my middle name is Lily" I said answering his question. "Oh well can I call you Lily to?" he smirked. "No you may not Zach can only call me that because he has been my best friend since forever and that gives you no right?" I scoffed. He sighed and then said "Well at least I could call you Angel because I gave you that name for you".

I rolled my eyes and closed my locker looking at Zach. "Lil so this is Alex" Zach said. I nodded and Zach began to have that loon that said "I will beat you up if you hurt her". "Alex this is Zach my best friend" I said. Alex nodded and it became silent which was indeed very awkward. To my rescue Esly decided to come up to me and say hello.

"Hey Miriam" she chirped with a smile.

"Hey Esly" I greeted back. I saw the guys but not all eyes were on me. Zach was staring at Esly like she was a muffin filled around cupcakes. In that moment I wanted to do a happy dance. I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Esly this is Alex and Zach" I said.

"Which one is which?" she laughed which made Zach smile.

"This is Alex the jerk" I smirked at Alex. "This is Zach my best friend" I smiled and pointed to Zach.

"Nice to meet you guys" she smiled at the boys but kept lingering her stare at Zach.

The bell rang so we headed to class Esly had to leave because we didn't have her I our class. I invited her to sit with Zach and I for lunch and she agreed. Zach, Alex, and I all headed to our class.

Alex sat on the other end of the class like always while Zach sat in front of me . "Lil are you alright?" Zach asked giving me a worried look. I shrugged and then answered" It was a bit awkward in the morning but listen I have to tell what happened yesterday".

"Who does it involve?" he questioned.

"Alex, my mom, and me-"

" Alright class it's time to get together with your partners hopefully you have gathered lots of information you have about this week and next week until the project is due" Ms. Naves explained. Everyone got up and headed to their partner. I got my bag and headed towards Alex. "So Angel how long have you been friends with your dear friend Zach?" Alex asked causally. I looked at him and he looked like he was in deep thought waiting for me to answer.