Chapter 1: Tutor (Edited kind of)

(Alex P.O.V)

"Mr. Merlin you are this close to failing another one of your classes if you don't pass that class then you won't be able to graduate" Mr. Bernon our principal of North Dell High said. This is like the fourth time I'm sent in here for failing some of my classes. I sat there getting lost in my thoughts honestly I didn't care about school. I had no future. I was all alone. My dad didn't give a shit as long as I went or else he would be sent to court.

Most people grow up with love and caring people but I had to grow up without that. You see when I was born my mom instantly died from the birth. My dad was devastated and began drinking every night. My Aunt Jenn took care of me since my father was too fucked up to do it.

I lived with her for 10 years until she got fed up with my behavior. I started being the bad kid at school. You know not doing homework and getting into fights. One day she said we were going on a trip and told me to pack my bags. I packed my bags and then next thing you know I was being dropped off at my father’s house.

She left me with my dad to take care of me because she couldn't help me anymore she got fed up with me. The first night was the beginning of my life. He got drunk and started to yell in my face saying how it was all my fault that my mom died.

(Flashback) 

The first night

"A- Alex" my father slurred. He had a bottle in his hand almost empty. "A-Alex!" he shouted. I quietly made my way into the living room where my dad stood. "Y- Yes father" I stuttered. "You little bastard, you killed my beautiful Belinda" he shouted. Belinda was my mom's name. He launched himself on me and we both fell in the floor. He wrapped his hands on my neck and tightened his grip. "If it weren't for you she would still be alive" he dropped me down and started beating the crap out of me.

"D- Dad s-stop" I cried out in pain while trying to cover myself.

(End of Flashback)

“Since you haven't been listening about paying attention I decided to help you" he said in his deep voice. “One of the smartest students here will be your tutor" he asked. “Is it going to be Josh because he is a smart guy and he could help me out" I asked hoping it would be Josh. Now probably wondering who Josh is let’s just say he is my best friend.

“No it's not" he answers firmly. I slouched into my seat and began to fiddle around with my snake bites. “Ms. Evans you may come in" he said. I looked as the door opened and a girl about 5'3, skinny, a bit pale, with beautiful grey eyes. Her hair was all black but had blue streaks. She was wearing a Jack Skellington tee, with some dark blue skinny jeans, and high top black converse. She made her way quietly to the corner where a chair was and sat down and starred at me.

(Miriam P.O.V)

I stared at him for a while shocked. Oh my god I can't believe that I'm going to be tutoring Alex Merlin the schools Bad boy. I can't believe this. “Miss Evans this is the student you will be tutoring for the rest of the year" Mr. Bernon said pointing to Alex.

I looked over at Alex who was busy staring at the ceiling looking bored. I decided this was a good time to check him out because I wanted to know what girls were thinking when they threw themselves at him.

He was really skinny, he looked about 5'10, he had the most breath taking green eyes, he was a bit pale, he had sharp features on his face, his hair was long ad shaggy covering his eyes a bit. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a Green Day tee with his black converse .He had the Bad boy look for sure he is cute but I wouldn't date him for two reasons.

One: He is the badass of the school which means Trouble!

Two: He is a freakin player which means heart = broken when it comes to him.

“Now you will be attending tutoring sessions with Miss Evans and you will bring your grades up" Mr. Bernon pointed out at Alex. "Alright" he grumbled not bothering to look at Mr. Bernon or me.  

“So it's settled your first session will be tomorrow" he said. I nodded and got up and went outside.

Once we were outside the office I faced Alex and asked “So you have three options to have these sessions my house, yours, or library?" “Library is too quiet and my house is not great so yours" he answered. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down my address and phone number.

“So how about tomorrow at 4 it's that okay" I said.

“4’s great" he agreed and turned around to leave outside.

 I sighed and took out my iPod and started listening to My Chemical Romance. I walked out of the school everyone was already gone school ended like 30 min. ago. I walked all the way home.

My mom can't pick me up because of work but she should be at the house my now. Plus I live like 7 blocks away. As I was walking I started to think about Alex. I can't believe I'm stuck with him for tutoring for the rest of the year.

It was going to be a long year I groaned. I turned around the corner and saw my mom’s car in the drive way. Yes she was home. In case you’re wondering I only live with my mom. My father left me and my mom when I was 3 years old so yeah it was just me and her.

My house was a small 2 story house it was white and dull. I live in a small town in Washington. It's always cloudy and raining so it makes it look creepy and scary. I entered the house ad was greeted by my mom.

"Hey sweetie how was school" my mother said as she was setting the dinner table. "Great "I mumbled. “Anything interesting happened" my mom narrowed her eyes at me with a worried expression. "Yeah I'm going to tutor the bad boy of the school starting tomorrow in our house" I let out a deep sigh. "Oh honey well he might not be that bad maybe he'll try to change" she gave me a reassuring smiles and then kissed my forehead. I highly doubt it I thought to myself.

After dinner I helped my mom clean up the table and then went upstairs to do my homework. I'm a "geek" in my own way. MY definition of geek is doing homework, studying, getting good grades, going to school every day, playing super Mario, Zelda, or guitar hero, listening to music 24/7, and reading books. So pretty much that's what I do. I finished my homework and decided to take a shower. I always take 40 min. showers because that's the time I get to relax and also listening to my music better. After the most relaxing shower I collapsed in my bed and drifted to sleep.