Chapter 6: Good Evening (Edited)

Alex POV) 

I arrived at her house feeling a little happy okay .......I definitely was feeling happy. For some odd reason Mir makes me feel good. She’s smart like super smart and she’s beautiful but probably doesn't know it. I like how she didn't judge me but I'm still going to convince her to go out with me.

I arrived at her house and knocked. The door opened but it wasn't Miriam it was a lady who looked in her mid-30, average height, and wavy hair. She was wearing an apron so I was guessing that this was Mir's mom because she had the same eyes and some features that Mir has.

"Hello you must be the boy that my daughter is tutoring?" she smiled. "Um yea" is all I said. “Well come in dear Mir will be down in a few minutes" she said motioning me in.

We made our way to the kitchen and told me to sit down on the stool near the kitchen counter. "Do you want anything dear?" she asked. "No thanks Ms. Evans" I said politely. “Dear I know I'm old but call me Lisa" she laughed. I smiled she was real funny she made me feel comfortable makes me think if my mom would act like that with me.

"Alright Lisa" giving her a genuine smile. "You know my daughter she's always talking about you saying the way you are trouble but you seem like a good boy" she said. When she said that Mir talks about me I felt thrilled but then she said trouble I frowned and then she said good boy I smiled.

" Well I won't say I'm an angel but I do have my ups and downs but if you ever get to know me then I would say I'm a decent guy" I responded feeling a little confident. At this she smiled and then went back to her cooking humming a song.

"That’s understandable” she said. Right when I was about to answer her Mir came downstairs. "Mom is- oh great your here so " she looked at her mom and then at me giving me a confused look.

"Oh honey this fellow boy is just so sweet how can you not like him" Lisa explained giving me a pat on my shoulder. I turned to Lisa and she was bright red and looking down trying to avoid the situation.

"Mom what did you say to him?" Mir whined. I let out a soft chuckle she looked adorable. I looked at Lisa and she put on an innocent look and answered " Nothing honey just showed him your baby pictures that’s all". Lisa winked at me while heading to the stove.

I turned to Mir and she had got redder than I have ever. "Mom why would you do that?" she asked. “Oh honey you were so cute I had to show him" she replied. Mir turned to look at me with embarrassment in her eyes. "Um we should head to my room” she said before walking off upstairs.

I couldn't help but smile her blush was just too cute. I waved to Lisa before heading upstairs slowly. I had to prepare myself who knows If was going to make it out of here alive.

Miriam's (POV) 

I can't believe my mother would do that after all of the things I told her of him and she shows him my pictures how embarrassing. Who knows what Alex thinks of me now? Wait why would I care what he thinks? Oh god I hate this.

"I have go to say those pictures were just" I turned around to see Alex leaning on my doorway. “Oh shut up" I glared at him. He put his hands up and said nothing else. Well that’s a first I actually thought that he would make a comment.