special chapter (two)

November, 2016

"Sign here, please," The nurse instructed Zhangjing as she handed him a pen. "All your bills should be done by now,"

Zhangjing smiled, fixing his backpack, "May I ask who paid for my medical bills?"

"He's your distant relative from Korea," The nurse replied, taking the papers back. "Plus, he wanted you to come to him as soon as you get discharged. Although I advised you to take a rest first before you go hopping on to any islands,"

"Thank you so much," The boy bid farewell to the nurse and walked out of the hospital.

He was greeted by Langyi, "Welcome to the outside world, Zhangjing!"

"Beat it, Langyi. You were the reason I got caught up into this mess,"

Langyi scoffed, "How is it my fault that a dog suddenly wanted to cross the road?"

Zhangjing shook his head and sat in the front seat, "So, are you taking me home or are we going to your house?"

"Your house," Langyi says, putting the keys in the ignition, "Since I owe you my life, I'm willing to do anything you ask."

Zhangjing's eyes suddenly sparkled as he let out a small grin, "Anything?"

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"How am I supposed to know what your distant relative looked like?" Langyi asked in frustration. It has been almost a week since Zhangjing got out of the hospital and the first thing on his bucket list was to find this distant relative of his.

"Maybe start with all the people named You," He suggests, handing him some files.

"You know how big Korea is?!"

"And you know how many things I've missed over the past months lying in bed unconcious?"

Langyi bit his lip and nods, "You're right. You missed a lot. Now, let's go look."

Zhangjing started to massage his head as he started having a migraine. He decided to get a glass of water when he felt his head spinning.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Langyi rushed over to him. "Zhangjing? I think we need to take a break,"

"No -" Zhangjing cuts him off as Langyi helped him to the couch. "I need to find -"

"Endangering a human and your own fairy -" A guy said from a long table. He was looking at a tall man in the middle of the hall.

"Leaving the fairy land unattended," Another guy in black tees added.

"But Lay -" The tall man tried to argue, but he was also cut off.

"We are removing you from your position as head fairy," A girl with an angelic smile announced as she magically rips off the tall man's nametag.

"Our new head fairy is him," Lay pointed at a boy who had Zhangjing's height, "Lin Chaoze, you are the new head fairy -"

Zhangjing bolted up from his seat, his eyes, widened, "Try the name Lin Chaoze."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"You sure you're going to be okay here?" Langyi asked as he stood up from their seat.

Zhangjing hit him with his free hand, "You're going to the bathroom. What'd you think will happen to me here?"

Langyi shrugs, "You would get those flashbacks again. Then you'll mutter names like Chaoze, Fanfan, Yanjun.. honestly I wouldn't mind because I'm use to it. But what happens if other people hear it? They'd think you're crazy."

He took a bite of his burger before speaking, "Just go to the bathroom, idiot."

Langyi headed off to the bathroom while Zhangjing prepares to check in their flight.

He found out that a guy named Lin Chaoze was actually living in Korea. He called him to inquire about his medical bills but Chaoze only replied with four words. See you in Korea.

So both of them decided to check who this Chaoze guy is.

Langyi was taking too long in the bathroom and since he had his friend's ID, he decided to check in himself.

Zhangjing walked towards the check in counter, pulling Langyi's bag with him.

As soon as he finished, he bumped into someone who was handing the bags to the counter. The man dropped the luggage as he crouched down and started picking them up.

"Oh, I'm sorry -" Zhangjing was about to apologize when the man spoke up. He souded pissed.

"Hey, watch where you're -"

But he stopped mid sentence as he looked at Zhangjing who still had a ketchup stain on his collar and a burger in hand.

"Z-zhangjing?" The man called out his name, making Zhangjing flinched in surprise.

Zhangjing scrunched his nose and tucked his burger in his bag, "Yes, I'm You Zhangjing. Do I know you?"

The man blinked a few times before telling him his name, "I'm Lin Yanjun."

And that's when something clicked inside Zhangjing's head. Though he couldn't pinpoint where he had heard it before but he knew one thing.

Lin Yanjun was his bestfriend.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I hope this makes up for the super late updates!

...i'll probably be adding an epilogue wherein Zhangjing will finally meet Chaoze YAY

*prepares heart for the last and FINAL chapter*