two

Yanjun rubbed his eyes as he stood in front of the mirror. He was wearing some old clothes and his hair was styled like how it was 10 months ago.

"The hell?" He muttered, leaning in, looking at his face. He also noticed the old watch was already on his wrist. "Zhingpong - or whatever your name is. Where the hell are we?"

A short boy appeared beside him making Yanjun flinch in surprise. He blinked as he eyed the boy, who was sitting on the bathroom sink, from head to toe.

"You have a body,"

"Well, technically speaking I really don't. This is just temporary. Until I get my job done,"

"And what job is that?"

"According to the rule book," Zhangpang snapped his fingers and a book appeared floating in front of him, "Wait, you don't find this weird at all?"

"I do but somehow seeing you with a ketchup stain on your shirt and a vegetable stuck between your teeth makes up for it."

Zhangpang used his tongue to remove the vegetable, "As I was saying. It says here I need to save a person's life before I can go on to the next haven."

"Then go save a person somewhere else. I need to go to the cemetery," Yanjun said bluntly.

"Oh, you're not going to the cemetery," The time fairy dropped his feet to the ground, but to his dismay he was looking up at Yanjun so he decided to fly and meet him at eye level, "You're going to see Yuzhu."

"H-how did you know her?"

"Because I told you. I took you back in time to save her."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"This is insane," Yanjun said, peeking from the bushes. "It's 2016 and its January! Did we really go back?"

Zhangpang nods, "I keep telling you we did,"

"But I don't get it."

"What's not to get? I'm a time fairy. My job is to help save a person's life. Get a promotion and be on my way up."

Yanjun is still not buying it, "What happens if you fail to save a person?"

"We only have 30 days to prevent the accident. If I fail, you get to stay here and experience the pain all over again."

"What about you?"

"Me?" Zhangpang looked up at the sky before speaking, "I disappear. Forever. I will never be reborn again. It's like my soul will vanish. No trace of my entire being will be held in the records."

"What a messed up life you have," Yanjun comments. "Normally, I would freak out about this but I'm too engrossed with my pain, I forgot how to feel anything."

"Any more questions? Before we go on looking for Yuzhu?"

"Wait, what happens if you save not only one - but two people."

Zhangpang thought for a moment before answering, "That never happened before. A time fairy is assigned to only save one person. No more, no less."

Before Yanjun could react, one of his friends called for him, "Cold Yanjun! Over here!"

Yanjun turned around and met face to face with one of his bestfriends, "Lu Dinghao?"

"Hey," Dinghao walked towards him. "What are you doing hiding behind the bushes? Are there fangirls chasing you? Where are they?"

"This guy sounds like a dimwit,"

"He's actually the president of that club," Yanjun absent-mindedly said.

Dinghao stared at him in confusion, "Yanjun? You okay? Who are you talking to?"

Yanjum furrowed his eyebrows, "You can't see him?"

"See what?"

"Hey, dimwit #2," Zhangpang whispered in Yanjun's ears. "Only you could see me."

"Why can't you wave your magic hand thingy and let him see you?"

"Yanjun, are you sure you're okay?" Dinghao asked. "If you want, I can let someone drive us to a mental hospital."

Yanjun glared at him, "Do I look like a crazy person to you?!"

"W-well," His bestfriend started stuttering. "You were talking with yourself. Huh, must've been because of the heat."

"There's Yuzhu," Zhangpang whispered as Yanjun ignored Dinghao and followed the time fairy's finger.

There she is. The girl he fell deeply in love with. The girl who softened his cold personality. Huang Yuzhu.

"Hi, Yanjun," She showed the prettiest smile anyone has ever seen.

Yanjun stood there like a statue because he doesn't know what to do. A month later, he's going to see her in a stretcher but right now she's standing here. So healthy.

"I'm going to save you, Yuzhu. I swear it on this time fairy's life," Yanjun muttered to himself.