thirteen

"Go, go, go!" Luo Zheng exclaimed, cheering Zhixie on who was running around the field.

"Uh, what's he doing?" Yanjun asked, arriving with Zhangpang.

"Training. He usually does this when he gets bored."

"Training for what?"

Luo Zheng shrugs his shoulders, "I don't even know. I never asked him, though."

"You guys ready?" Chaoze flew by, towards Zhixie.

Zhangpang kept sticking by Chaoze's side, "What are we going to do?"

"Stop clinging on to me, for pete's sake!" Chaoze exclaimed, pushing Zhangpang aside. "Go to Yanjun!"

Zhangpang turned his head around to look at Yanjun. Then back at Chaoze, "Why can't I stay with you?"

Chaoze facepalmed himself, "He's your master, not me. Now move it!" He pushed Zhangpang to Yanjun.

Zhangpang avoided his master's gaze.

"Wow, it's harder than we thought," Luo Zheng crossed his arms over his chest, judging the two.

"That's not my fault," Yanjun muttered.

"It is, dumbass," They heard Zhixie say as he walked towards them. "If you hadn't been ignoring him, this wouldn't have happened."

Yanjun rolled his eyes, "So, what do we do now?"

"You're not even going to apologize?"

Yanjun ignored him again as he looked at Chaoze, "How do we form this so called bond?"

Chaoze rested his chin on his hand, "It helps when you actually do something about it."

Zhangpang looked around the field. It was empty, except for them, "So are we doing that here?"

Chaoze nods, "Let's do some friendship tests and time for the both of you to put your trust in each other."

Chaoze snapped his fingers and magically turned Zhangpang into a boy, with no wings.

"Wow," Yanjun comments, looking at him. "You're not a fairy anymore,"

Zhixie widens his eyes at the sight, "Wh- H - You can do that?!"

Chaoze shrugs, "It's just temporary. As long as it's one of the fairies I trained."

"I'm a boy," Zhangpang whispered.

Luo Zheng clapped his hands, grabbing everyone's attention. "If you don't mind, I reserved this field for only 5 hours, and it's been an hour. Since you guys were late."

"Yanjun was spending too much time in the shower!" Chaoze complained, pointing at him.

"Plus Dinghao came over and he wanted to play," Zhangpang adds.

"Yanjun had to pretend that he was sick so he sent Dinghao home,"

Zhixie tilted his head, "Why didn't you bring him then?"

Chaoze drew a big line across the field, "We couldn't afford to endanger another human."

"Well, you have a point."

"Everyone ready?"