one

December, 2016

Feeling the cold breeze of the winter air, Yanjun took out his favorite coat from the closet.

He was planning to go to the cemetery since it was their 4th anniversary being a couple. Yuzhu and him were supposed to spend the winter break and fly to Korea together.

Yanjun tilted his head, looking at Yuzhu's picture in his room, "I miss you, you know? Those girls are already hitting on me. You should haunt them if you have the time."

He looked at his wrist and remembered he had no watch. Rummaging through his things, he still hasn't found what he's been looking for.

But instead, he saw something rather odd. A red box was sitting on his bedside table.

"That's weird. I don't remember buying anything."

He picked it up and shook it, feeling the thing inside. Sure enough, there was one object. He shook it again when -

"Hey! Stop shaking!"

Yanjun suddenly dropped the box as he heard an unfamiliar high-pithced voice, "What the hell?"

"Don't shake me like that! I'm getting dizzy!!"

He looked around his room, finding the origin of the sound, "Are you a ghost?"

"I prefer to be called fairy,"

Yanjun scoffed, "A fairy who's invisible."

"I'm not invisible! I'm inside the box you just threw away,"

The boy sat down on the floor of his room and slowly opened the box, closing his eyes in the process.

There was an old looking watch inside the box. It was bronze and had black lines. "You're a watch?"

"Wear it."

"I don't have time for this," Yanjun muttered, putting the box back on the table. He took his bag but before opening the door, the watch slash so-called-fairy spoke again,

"Don't you want to go back in time and change everything, Lin Yanjun?"

Yanjun stopped in front of his door, almost holding the doorknob. "If I could, I would've done it by now."

"I can take you if you want," The watch fairy said. "You can call me Zhangpang and I'm your time fairy."