Chapter Seventeen: Not Quite Home

(*thanks to Anime__ for the wonderful idea!*)

[[Gaara's POV]]

So, Suki was right - this hokage really is a medical genius. It hasn't been a day and I feel better than ever. We are walking home with Temari and Kankuro.
"Sorry we couldn't come see you, brother," Temari ruffles my hair. "We were...busy."
"I told him, Temari," Suki sighs.
"Oh." she clears her throat.
I can tell Suki is really tired, but she's not saying anything. 
"Suki, come," I tell her.
"No."
"I'm okay," I say, a bit exasperated.
"You won't be if you carry me."
"I won't be if I don't."
"Fine," She rolls her eyes, "but not for long."
I nod as she gets on my back with a grunt.

***

It's night time. We have finally reached Suna, after a really long day of walking. Suki fell alseep on my back; so I put her down on the cold bed next to me and laid down. I'm really tired. Time to sleep. 

[[Suki's POV]] 

I roll over on my side and see Gaara fast asleep next to me. Shit, I fell asleep! Is he okay? I hope he's not tired.
I'm really not sleepy. I think I'll just go outside for a bit...
I climb up the stairs to the roof and sit down, gazing at the moon. It's bright tonight, just like Gaara's face...

A hand covers my mouth.
"HEY!" I try to shout and turn around to see three ninjas clad in black. Wait...
"Shut up. You're coming with us," One of the ninja hisses.
"NO! STOP! L-" I try screaming but he covers my mouth so that my voice is muffled. I struggle just enough to punch him and distract him for a minute as I shout, "Gaara! GAARA HELP M-!" One of the other ninja punches me in the jaw and pulls my hair as Gaara rushes up. His eyes widen when he sees me and they fill with rage.
"Get your filthy hands off of her you -" He doesn't complete his sentance because one of the ninjas try to strike at him. Stupid idea, he releases his sand.
Right then, the ninja who is holding me decides to take this as a distraction and runs.

[[Gaara's POV]]

"Gaara, stop!" Temari's voice shouts. I pause but keep the asshole stuck in my sand as he struggles in vain. She runs up to me, out of breath. "Keep him. We can interrogate him and get Suki."
I consider this and decide not to kill him, but I keep him tied tight in the sand.

***

We locked him in a cell in Suna's old prison.
Kankuro, Temari, and I sit him in a chair and I tie him up to it with my sand.
"What have you done with her," I growl. 
"Like I'd tell you." He huffs.
"Where the hell is she," I roar. I punch him. Hard. He grunts in pain.
"It'll take more than that to intimidate me, kid."
I punch him again. Twice in the jaw, once on the arm. And then I kick him so that his chair flips over.
"Tell me!"
"No..." I choke him with my sand.
"One hand movement and you're dead," I snarl. "Where is she and why is she there?"
He groans. "Orichimaru...Sound Village..."
"What the hell does that snake creep want from us?!"
"He wants her," He pants, "for her jutsus."
"And what will he do for that?"
"Kill her."

A/N: Suki's been kidnapped ;-; Sorry for the late chapter ~x.x~ so how was this one? comment & vote pleasee. :) New chapter coming soon!