Chapter Thirteen: A Mess >~<

[[Gaara's POV]]

My head spins. How is this even possible?

If it had been any other person, I could've easily finished them off in no time with my Sand Coffin or Sand Burial technique.

But Suki?

I couldn't lay a finger on her if I was trying to hurt her. I can't hurt her.

"I forfeit the match," Suki and I say at the same time.
The proctor chuckles. "Well then."
"Gaara!" Temari hisses. "You totally screwed up the plan!"
"Do you really think I give a crap about the damn plan?" I growl back at her.
Kankuro just shakes his head.
"Well, let's see who's in the next match," the proctor smirks and turns to the screen.

Suki reaches for my hand and squeezes it. I squeeze back and breathe a sigh of relief.

[[Suki's POV]]

We walk back into the room together. I throw myself down on the bed, sinking into the mattress. Gaara sits down in front of me.
I look into his frosty eyes and suddenly, my eyes are brimming with tears. I look down at my crossed legs.
"Suki?" Gaara questions, looking worried.
I glance up at him.
"Gaara-kun," I cry and fall forwards. He catches my head in his hands and pushes me back up. "I almost had to fight you today," I say, trembling just thinking about it.
"I know, Suki," Gaara says in a soothing voice, slowly rubbing my back to make me feel better. "I know."

I can't help it. I throw myself at him and hug him tight. I can tell by the way that his muscles tense and then relax that I caught him by surprise.

He hugs me back.

We sit there for a moment, holding eachother tightly. My eyes are closed as a tear rolls down my cheek.

I feel a drop on the back of my shirt. Gaara's tears.

We stay like that for what feels like centuries, all arms and hugs and tears.

A/N: another short chapter. Sorry >3< it's kinda cute though, how they're always there for eachother. How was this chapter? Comment & vote please, and I'll have the next part out pretty soon! :3 also, thank you all sooo much, this story almost has 500 reads! :)