Chapter Four: Adventure Time? :p

**to the right is a drawing I made of Suki! It's not the best but it works ^~^**

[[Suki's POV]]

Gaara and I walk two feet behind the others - Temari, Kankuro, and Baki sensei. We're going to Konoha for the Chuunin exams. 

"Sensei," I say.

"Hmm?" Baki sensei says while still walking.

"Where are we right now...?"

"Ehm," He says. "The Land of Rivers."

"I thought we were going to Konoha..."

"No shit. To get to Konoha we go through the Land of Rivers, baka," Kankuro says to me.

"Shut your filthy mouth, Kankuro!" Gaara shouts. "or I'll kill you," he growls.

"Y-Yes Gaara."

I mess up Gaara's hair and whisper, "Don't worry about it, I don't care."

"Yeah," Gaara says through gritted teeth, "but I do."

"Please, Gaara," I say. He sighs.

Just then, a shuriken flies an inch above my head. The sand instantly comes out of Gaara's gourd and protects me. He and I freeze. I take a kunai out from my holster and throw it in the direction of the shuriken. I hear an "Ahhhhh!" and a thud.

"Hmph," I say. "Ameteur. Couldn't even use substitution."

Gaara smirks. "That's my girl. Suki, master of ninjutsu, genjutsu, and perfect aim," He grins at me.

"You give me too much credit," I smile bashfully and slap his shoulder. But it's true, even Baki sensei said I had the best ninjutsu and genjustu skills out of all the Genin he's seen. I also have pretty good aim, if I do say myself.

Another shuriken flies towards us. Two more shuriken follow.

"Baki sensei, we're being attacked," I tell sensei. He turns around as another shuriken flies, this time towards him. "What does this coward think he's doing, trying to get us with shuriken," I mumble and Gaara nods in agreement.

"Alright, come out, gaki(brat), we know you're there," Kankuro shouts.

The ninja leaps out from the tree. His forhead protector shows that he's from the Land of Rivers, probably from the village Hidden in the Valleys. he has short, brown hair and green eyes. His clothes are ripped and he wears brown sandals. 

"Who are you," Gaara sneers.

"You don't need to know," the ninja frowns and says in a gruff voice.

"Hmph," Temari sighs.

I take another kunai and throw it at the ninja. He makes an "ahgh" sound and drops dead.

"Well, that's taken care of," Baki sensei says and continues walking. "Oh by the way, since we have five in our squad including me instead of four, we've been given two rooms to stay in."

I grab Gaara's hand. "Gaara and I will stay together."

"Well, I was thinking you and Temari could stay and-"

"No," Gaara says.

"Uhm, okay," Baki sensei says.

***

"Come, let's stay here for tonight," Baki sensei says as he pays for a room in a hotel in the Village Hidden in the Valleys. As Baki sensei walks to their room with Temari and Kankuro, Gaara quietly takes out his own money.