Chapter Ten: Awkwardness.

[[Suki's POV]]

I sit there for about ten minutes after Gaara leaves with a pained expression on his face. Who in the world could he love?

I get an itch on my forehead so I reach up to scratch it. I can feel the indent of the tattoo on my head and that's when I think I figure it out.

Our matching marks on our foreheads.
Ai.
Love.

Could it be that...
the one who he's in love with is me?

[[Gaara's POV]]

I hear Suki come inside. At first I pretend to be asleep, but quickly decide it's no use because she already knows I'm awake.

I turn my head and see the silhouette of her soft figure. I know that she knows I'm looking at her, and I'm aware that she's looking at me, too. Still, we don't speak a word.

From the moment she settles down next to me, I can feel that things between us have changed, and I don't really want things to be different. Now it's just...awkward.

***

When I wake up, I remember the conversation we had last night. I remember the silence between us as we watched eachother. I remember how we did not sleep particularly close to eachother, nor did we substantially stay away from or avoid eachother.

Yet some how, when I wake up, I find that our bodies are slightly inclined to one another, our arms intertwined, our toes touching and our heads turned to face eachother.

It's habit, I guess.

[[Suki's POV]]?

I open my eyes to see Gaara's beautiful sea blue eyes staring into mine. I don't remember shifting towards Gaara last night in all the awkwardness, but here we are, inches apart from one another, looking, studying eachother.

My foot tickles as he moves his toes slightly. I shift my arm slightly so that it's even closer to him. I lightly and subtly brush my fingers against his waist, then glance up at him again. I can see that he's failing to bite back a smile. I give him a small smile in return.

I want to ask him with my eyes; do you love me? But I know even if I try, he won't respond.

So I let it go...for now.

[[Gaara's POV]]

The moment she lightly touches my side, I know I am stuck. Forever stuck in her vibrant violet eyes, stuck in my fantasy, that maybe she loves me too. I get the same fluttering feeling in my heart and I try not to smile as I think, if only she knew...

She sees me trying to hold back my smile and smiles at me. As soon as I see her smile, I can feel myself filling with happiness and warmth. I can feel her smile as if it's a real person, breathing next to me, holding on to me tight.

I want to ask her so bad, who it is she loves -- no, what I truly want to know is if it's me...

...but I know there is no way to ask her indirectly.

So I decide to leave the matter alone, for a bit.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter (again, I know!) this one didn't have any dialogue! I didn't think it was really necessary. I'll probably be adding a soundtrack / some music to this later so make sure you come back and check tomorrow! ^°^ anyways, what's your opinion on this chapter? Comment & vote please! New chapter coming tomorrow x3 thanks! ~. xo