Diane Young [21]

21

Elijah West has impeccable timing.

I noticed this fact when one day I was getting ready to leave my house when he knocked on my door carrying Duke in his hair.

"Where are you going without me?" He asked me as soon as I opened the door.

"Out." I replied nonchalantly.

"Why?"

"Because amazingly, I have these things called legs and it's too nice of a day to be cooped up inside."

He scrunched up his nose, looking around disdainfully. I felt myself smiling because he looked like an angry puppy, but bit my lip to hide it so he wouldn't tease me about it. He noticed anyway and frowned.

"Why are you smiling at me?"

"No reason. What do you want to do instead?"

His eyes lingered on my face for a second too long before he looked at his watch. "Golfing."

I felt my eyes bulge out of their sockets. "Golfing?"

"Yeah. Mini golf. Me, you, Ruth, Tiffany."

"What?"

"It's fun, trust me. I'll see you in an hour or so, Diane Young, so don't fret."

With that, he saluted me and started to leave. I grabbed on to his bare arm, still confused about the fact that he wanted to do something vaguely normal as mini golfing.

"Have you come down with a fever? Did we stay out too long that time with the stars?"

He rolled his eyes and wriggled out of my admittedly loose grip. "No! Can't I just want to go mini golfing with a few people whose company I happen to enjoy nearly as much as I enjoy my own?"

"... No?"

"Oh!" He rolled his eyes once more and then started to leave again.

This time I didn't stop him, but Duke did stick his tongue out at the wall and grabbed onto it. I picked him off the wall without telling Elijah and went inside my home, wondering how on earth I was supposed to golf. Especially since I couldn't.

True to his word and ever the gentleman, an hour later, Elijah and Ruth were knocking at my door. He didn't even seem shocked that Duke was with me.

"He loves you, didn't you know that? He likes you even more than I do." He explained when I asked about it.

"Oh my gosh, I totes ship you guys." Ruth said after this. Elijah put his hand on her face to silence her. I was shocked, but she seemed strangely used to it.

We met Tiffany outside the mini golf place, which was near the park. Upon entering, Elijah picked up Duke and put him in his hair, stating that he didn't want him to get lost. I said that we should've left him at home in that case, and he told me to be quiet... Which you can imagine, didn't go very well for the both of us.

After I had finished pinching Elijah and he had quite surprisingly surrendered to me, we started to golf.

Tiffany went first, tying back her hair and positioning her club so it was point towards the hole. We were still at hole one, where it was just a straight hit, but then she didn't take it very lightly. Tiffany hit the ball, and of course, got it in.