Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother (Chapter Twenty-Four)

Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother by: Faerie_Writer

CHAPTER 24

"Oh no..." I mumbled, as Luke marched over here, and looked straight at Parker and asked, "What are YOU doing here?"

"I transferred here." Parker snarled.

Matt was quick to jump in, "But only for the month, so don't get used to this place JULIET."

"It's Julian." Parker growled, and Matt just raised an eyebrow.

"You sure about that? You look like a little whiny girl to me!"

"Am not!"

"Are to!"

"Aren't!"

"Are!"

"AREN'T!"

"ARE!"

I put my head in my hands as I turned to Luke, and mumbled, "You just HAD to get them started again didn't you."

Luke remained oblivious to my presence as he turned to Parker and Matt, "Well, well, well... looks like the new boyfriend and old boyfriend are getting along swimmingly."

Matt turned to him and blinked, "First of all, that sentence made NO sense, and second what the heck do you mean, new boyfriend and old boyfriend?" Uh-oh.

Luke sneered, "Haven't you heard Mattie boy, you've been replaced by a new and better version." He gestured to Parker and Matt looked at him then back at me with questioning eyes.

"What...?" He asked, and I tried to explain that's not how it is, but how was I supposed to say that in front of Luke? I didn't want Matt's family to get in trouble.

"These two were all over each other at Salt's..." Luke continued, recounting the events, and as I watched Matt's frown grow deeper with every word I realized I should have told him yesterday night about Parker.

Unfortunately, it was too late for that now.

Matt looked at me hurt, "Is that true?"

I said nothing. If I denied it Luke would come after me, but if I accepted it... it would hurt Matt even more.

Matt blinked as he stared at me, and when I continued my silence he said, "Oh. I see how it is." Then he stormed out of the room, while I watched helplessly after him.

"Matt wait!" I called out, but Parker caught my wrist.

"What about my tour?" He asked. Are you kidding me? Couldn't he see this was ten times more important?

I was about to say 'screw your tour' when I got an idea. I grabbed Parker and Luke's wrists and pulled them together.

"Luke meet Parker. Parker meet Luke. Luke you will be giving Parker a tour around the school, ok? Ok. Bye!"

And without giving them a chance to realize what I had just done, I dashed out the door after Matt.

Blindly running through the hallways, I didn't bother to make sure I wasn't running into anyone and didn't really care when I did. I couldn't believe what had just happened between these three, suddenly entangled guys in my life, and the only thing I could seriously focus on was how much I wanted to kill Luke.

Honestly, if I only had a gun... But I had more important worries to focus on at the moment.

Pushing the renegade hateful thoughts from my head, I began to pick up speed as I reached the double doors leading to the parking lot.

With a quick glance around the jam-packed spaces, I attempted to pick out Matt's car among the sea of Hybrids and sportscars crowding the lot.

With no luck whatsoever after glancing around frantically, I understood something deep down. What if Matt truly was done? Done with me, done with us?