Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother (Chapter Twenty-Two)

(A/N: The cute puppy in the picture is Duke! I <3 that dog!!!)

Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother by: Faerie_Writer

CHAPTER 22

"Matt?" I gasped, and he only grinned back up at me as he said, "Hey."

"Oh my gosh, why are you here? You're going to get in so much trouble..." I asked quietly trailing off, because well that was true enough. He WAS going to get in so much trouble... but I selfishly didn't want him to leave.

Was that so wrong? To want the guy you love to stick around for a while since you hadn't seen him in what felt like forever?

"Don't care." Matt said with a shrug, and I felt my heart skip a beat as he continued, "I've missed you a lot, I didn't realize how much though until tonight at the game."

Tonight? The game had been tonight? Goodness, that felt like AGES ago. So much had happened since then. Not that I was going to tell Matt about any of it... well at least, not yet.

"So..." Matt trailed off.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Well I was wondering if you were up for a picnic?" Matt asked, holding a wicker picnic basket up above his head.

"At night?" I questioned with a raised brow.

Matt winked at me, "You know, every romantic movie has a good nighttime picnic somewhere in there."

"They do?" I laughed softly.

"In my mind." He told me, "Please Sam. Don't make me climb the vine and get you myself."

"Fine," I told him with a dramatic sigh, "I shall come if I must!" I quickly climbed down the vine and before I could even register what was happening Matt's arms were around me tight.

"All joking aside," he whispered softly in my ear, "I really missed you."

I held onto him for a little while longer, "Me too. I really missed you too Matt."

"I'm glad," Matt said pulling away, and then he looked at me with a twinkle in his eye. He playfully bowed while saying, "Come Cinderella your carriage awaits. We only have 'till midnight... or 12:30. Whichever you prefer."

I laughed, and held out my hand, "To my carriage then."

Matt took my hand and dragged me along to his car. When we arrived he opened the door for me, "My lady."

I curtsied, "Thank you." After I got in mat shut the door for me then went over to his side and got the car started.

"So," I asked as he drove, "where exactly are we going?"

Matt just grinned, "You'll see." He gave me a coy smile, and winked, and I just rolled my eyes. But... I really did like this. Being with Matt again. As goofy as he is... he's the best guy in the entire world.

Parker shmarker. I could put up with that guy if it meant that Matt would whisk me away... oh my gosh. Parker.

I blinked, how could I forget? Parker was going to stalk me to the ends of the earth (the creeper) I had to tell Matt about him and how my parents set us up before someone else did (*cough* PARKER *cough*) and made it seem worse than it was.

"Umm... Matt I-" I began, but Matt cut me off.

"Hold on," he hushed, "we're here."

"Here?" I asked as I looked out the window, or at least I TRIED to, but Matt quickly covered my eyes with his hand.

"Hey!" I cried, "I can't see!"

Matt chuckled, "That's the POINT. From here on out I want the rest to be a surprise!"