Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother (Chapter Thirteen)

Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother by: Faerie_Writer

CHAPTER 13

"What is this?" My father asked again, and I could only stand there in shock. Who had told? Hopefully not my brother, because if he had I'd kill him.

"Samantha, answer your father!" My mother snapped.

"A picture dad. It's a picture." I said numbly. Oh my gosh! How did this happen? I should have hunted down and killed the person who took that picture. In fact if I ever figure out who it is, I will kill them!

"I can see that." My father responded coolly, "But why is it a picture of you kissing that... that... MONSTROSITY?" My father demanded jabbing a finger at Matt, and that's what brought me back to myself.

My father had just called the guy a love, and my future possible boyfriend a monstrosity. A MONSTROSITY! A little over kill much?

"He's not a monstrosity dad, he's just a guy." A sweet, wonderful, smart, handsome guy. But there was no need to add that, my dad was mad enough as it was.

"He's a 'guy' who's the son of our ENEMY!" My mother snapped, and suddenly I just couldn't take it anymore.

You know what? I was getting sick of this. It was so unfair how they were always pushing their drama on me. I didn't want to be enemy's with the guy I loved, and why should I? It was time for me to start taking charge of my life.

"No. He's the son of your enemy, not mine." I said as calmly as I could.

"Excuse me?" My mom and dad both asked at the same time, and I just stared them down.

"You heard me." I continued, "He's the son of YOUR enemy, not mine. I happen to find him quite pleasant, and I think I may be in love with him, hence the picture, so I think I'm no enemy of him or his family."

"What nonsense are you saying?" My father demanded his face flushed an angry red, "our enemy's are your enemy's!"

"No their really not, so I'd prefer if you kept your enemy's to yourself, and let me live my life!" I shouted, and my voice bounded around in the silence left behind my words.

"Well I never." It was my mom who said this after a moment.

"No." I shook my head, "You never, you never let me live my own life! I've been living a lie for you guys for almost, no... for MORE than 17 YEARS and I think you guys should at least respect my choice to finally be myself."

"Over 17 years isn't that a little over dramatic? You're 16th birthday isn't for another..." My mother scrunched her face together trying to recall when my 16th birthday actually was, which was a year ago, not that she knew that, "well the date isn't important."

I stood there shocked, "The date isn't important? THE DAY I WAS BORN ISN'T IMPORTANT!" I demanded, and my mother glared at me.

"Don't you raise your voice at me young lady!" she snapped, before composing herself and saying, "And I'm a busy woman, I don't have time to celebrate every teensy weensy thing."

"You don't care about me at all, do you?" I asked softly.

My mom laughed at this, "I'm your mother, I had you and I raised you didn't I? What more is there more that I need to do to show I care?"

"Love me, be there for me."

"You're a teenager, you have soooo many things you want me to be there for. Lots of tiny, and unimportant things. With my busy schedule I can't be there for ALL of them. It would be a complete waste of my time."