Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother (Chapter Seventeen)

Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother by: Faerie_Writer

A/N: Okay... I've never done this before, but it was listening to this song on repeat on iTunes and realized it COMPLETELY suits this chapter... well somewhat ('cause it talks about bad luck but ignore the part where she claims the guy is scum). The song is called Leave! by UK artist V.V. Brown and the lyrics are like her singing to a girl (like her friend I guess) about how that friend has to leave her friend has to leave her boyfriend... So I'm just going to include the link and you can listen to it during the chapter or after or not all. Whatever you choose.

So here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JewJAXO7434

I've also included it in the little side video thing...

And now onto the story!

CHAPTER 17

"I'll get it!" I cried, as the doorbell rang, my eyes still watering from tears of laughter.

"Me too!" Matt said as well. I could tell he was eager to escape this embarrassment his family had thrust upon him.

Not that I'd let him escape from it, I was going to enjoy every minute of it.

And pray that everything his family has teased him about would come true someday.

As Matt and I walked into the hallway, he smiled sheepishly at me, "Sorry about that."

"No problem," I said flashing him a grin of my own, while twirling around slowly to face him, hand's clasped together behind my back, "but..."

"But?" Matt asked, surprised.

"My ring had better be pretty big to make up for all of it!" I shouted teasingly, before sprinting like a mad woman towards the door.

"HEY!" I heard Matt cry out from behind me, and the sound of his feat behind me signaled that he had taken on the chase.

I had almost reached the door when his strong arms picked me up from the ground.

I squealed, and in surprise from the sound, Matt slipped, falling to the floor where I landed on top of him.

I tried to roll off him, but he caught my wrist. "Well, would you look at that?"

"What?" I asked trying to move, but still, he wouldn't let me.

"This is almost the same as how we met." He chuckled softly, "Except when we met, I wasn't allowed to do this." He leaned into kiss me, and right before his lips touched mine....

The doorbell rang.

Again.

Seriously? A little privacy would be appreciated.

"Coming!" He and I both called in unison, sending us into a fit of giggles.

Matt let me up with a smile, and I smiled back at him as I opened the door. I then watched, in shock, as his facial expression changed from one of joy to utter horror as he saw who was standing at the door behind me.

So I turned and found myself face-to-face with my parents...

And Luke.

"She! I told you she was over here!" Luke crowed triumphantly.

"...what?" I asked stunned, and Matt quickly pulled me back, as Luke out to grab me.

"Mom! Dad!" Matt called into the house, and I added, "Serafina! Kayla!"

All four came forward and stood in shock looking at my parents.

"Mia. Arnold." My mom said, pressing her lips together tightly while she addressed my parents... I mean... Matt's parents, "We have come to get our daughter."