Chapter 2

Chapter 2
The Morning After
Sarah Wilson
873 Words
~

I let my own weaknesses consume me, physically this time, and sink to the floor. I lean against the tree and ignore the roughness of it against my neck. I'm not sobbing anymore, trust me I did enough of that. Now tears just roll down my cheeks, not a sound is made. I'm an idiot! I did it, but I did it without having plan b,c, the whole damn alphabet. I guarantee I've lost my job, I don't know how to get back to city centre, and most sire of it all, I don't know how I'll cope with myself. I keep arguing with myself. Arguing if my reason was enough of one. If my why shouldn't of been answered. And I'll never know because I'll never see him again! He'll take the tickets for our honeymoon in Italy. As soon as he boards that plane, I'll be nothing anymore. Simply a mistake. I want to tell him why, but all I can do is repeat to myself. Pick out every word of my reasoning, trying to find a good reason to believe in myself. I left, I left because of lack. Our relationship lacked flaws. It was too good to be true, except it was true. He was true, he was so so good. I'm the exception to that. I would never be able to keep up with it all. I'll mess up my first aid skills one day. I won't impress him with my medical knowledge one day. I won't look good for him anymore. I won't recover as well after an argument. I won't be as bouncy, all the time, as I used to be. All these things I won't be able to do, but he will. He'll still be an amazing signer. He'll still impress everyone with his wisdom and kindness. He'll still look drop dead gorgeous all the time. He'll still manage his actions and reactions during conflict. He'll still see the bright side in everything. And that's why I left. It's not dumb. I lack and he deserves to be fulfilled. I know someone can do that! Of course, if he can be perfect there's someone else who can be too. I'll end up with the freaky and flawed and that's okay. I don't deserve to receive more than I can give. I let myself get lost in my thoughts but I notice that I am literally lost too. There's miles of fields, forests, and black roads dividing them. I can only stay here for so long, the sky is slowly darkening. I get up and kick off my heels, staring my long walk back to civilization.
~

I drag my foot in front of the other, only moving because of the silhouette of the city that I can finally picture now. There hasn't been a single car, thankfully. My appearance tells the whole story by itself, no one needs to read it. I continue walking, at peace with the world but not with myself. I don't make it very far when I hear the distinct sound of a cars engine behind me. My heart drops and I keep walking, faster and faster. To no avail though, as the car catches up and pulls over right by me. I don't have the time to decide between staying or running away when the door opens. A guy, around 6'2" steps out "What is a girl like you, in such a stunning dress, doing walking alone on this road?" I laugh sadly and let a tear slip by "This stunning dress, was my wedding dress. I said no.. but I swear I had reason. I ran as far as I could and now I'm here. Please, just continue your day." He shakes his head and closes the door "We're all a bit broken hearted, some more than others. You give me no reason to leave you in more pain." I smile lightly at what he said "Need one? I deserve the pain. Just picture the pain he must be going through. It's awful, I'm a mons-" He cuts me off "Pathetic reason! In what world are you in to think your pain will get rid of his?" I shake my head and look down "I don't even know you, just go away man." He doesn't say anything so I look up. He leans against the hood of his car, looking right back at me. "Chase. My name is Chase. I'm going to Toronto to catch a flight but I have plenty of time to tell you my entire life story if you get in the car with me. So, now you know me." I step a bit closer, reluctantly "But you don't know me. What if you just want to kill a random stranger! Who you ask? Me!" He laughs "I bet that possibility doesn't even matter to you right now." As much as I hate it, he's right. I hear a soft click, telling me he unlocked the doors. I walk around to the passenger side and get in. This will literally be one hell of a ride.

A/N: Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment! ❤️