Chapter 17

Dylan's POV

    Her bed smelled of lavender and....candy? I couldn't help but imagine her sweet face as I laid here and stared up at the ceiling. Her big brown doughy eyes. It was going to be a shame when she found out what I was here for. 

     Hell, whenever I found out what I was really here for. My heart grew heavy with pain for Melanie and I was beginning to feel bad, knowing I was going to have to hurt her in some kind of way. This is what I was, this is what I do. That's exactly why Larry called me. 

     In my line of work, I had never felt anything. I couldn't afford to. But now, it just felt wrong to cause any more harm on Melanie. I knew deep down she didn't deserve it. I couldn't do anything to stop it though. Larry would freaking murder me if I refused to do anything he ordered. And that's me being literal. He would murder me. 

     The last time I seen her, I just pictured her face. The fear, knowing I was the cause of that fear. The poor girl was scared of everyone that stepped into her path. In my whole twenty-three years I had never seen that. 

      You could practically hear her heartbeat when you stepped within inches of her.

      A knock came at the door, pushing me out of my thoughts. 

      "Uh yeah. Come in." I shouted, sitting up on the bed. 

      Larry's face appeared in the door frame. That evil smile stretched over his face and that darkness that glimmered in his eyes.

      "You're getting comfortable." He pointed out, taking in my outfit, which was only a pair of skinny jeans and I was shirtless.

      "You're getting comfortable too." I joked. He was in a tight white shirt, too tight actually. For a man his size at least. Larry had to be 175 pounds or more, 175 pounds of pure strength. So I knew telling him I didn't want to harm Melanie would result in my failure, he would rip me into tiny little pieces until I agreed.

      "We have to talk." the room atmosphere turned serious and Larry's eyes were no longer playful.

      "Okay. Talk." I began to scratch my neck with nerves. Hell, Larry scared me (just a little). He scared everybody, but I would never admit that. Not out loud. 

      "You've gotten weak since the last time we worked together Dylan." He began to pace the room. 

      "Look..." I started. Only to be cut off. 

      "You don't have to explain. Pretty faces distract you. But I've worked too hard for this one, too long. And if you're going to fuck it up I suggest you leave before I remove you." He threatened his voice strong.

      I felt my face heat up with anger; his asshole act was sort of annoying now more than it was last time we linked together.

     "I don't want anything to do with this." I blurted out. Instantly sort of regretting it because Larry's whole position changed and his face became darker than before. 

     "You don’t really have a choice now." He laughed loudly, advancing towards me and wrapping his arms around my neck and pushing my back to the bed I was sitting on. 

      Air became limited and I stared into this man’s eyes. I wanted to say okay, but he wouldn't loosen his fucking grip. After what felt like hours he let go. I gapped for air and whipped away my watering eyes. 

      "Fuck this." I shouted, attempting to leave. But only getting to the door before he pulled my leg, causing me to fall to my face. 

      I laughed off the sudden pain. I was acting like a bitch. Sure, I knew I couldn't take Larry but he wasn't just going to beat me up like this. I wasn't small like I used to be when I first met Larry.