Chapter 12

Jordan's warmth filled the room and wrapped around me and I knew I didn't want to be anywhere else. I felt his heavy breathing on my neck. I was used to it now, seeing as though we had been sleeping in the same bed, same room for weeks now.

     I always woke up first. Always. Call me creepy, but I always stared. Watched if you must say. His face was always so gentle when he slept. Every once in a while a small smile would tug at his lips, causing me to wonder what his dreams were about.

     I wished I could have happy dreams. Ones to smile about. I was jealous, really jealous actually. That one small part of me always envied Jordan for everything. Sure his life wasn't all good but to be fair he didn't have a life as hard as mine.

     I was complaining...this was me complaining peacefully in my head. I shook the thoughts away because they were selfish. Dammit, I was being selfish. Jordan endured the nightmares just as much as I had.

     "Why are you staring?" his voice came from beside me and I could tell he was still sleepy.

     "Sorry." my cheeks turned a rosy red and I sort of felt ashamed because I hadn't noticed he had awakened in the mist of myself pity. "Go back to sleep.". I said while trying to climb out of the bed, only to be pulled back by the arm that was wrapped tightly around my waist.

     "And where are you going?" he asked playfully, he sounded fully awake now.

     I thought for a second. I knew where I had to go. Where I should be. What I had to do because I had put it off for years. "I need to talk to my mom." I blurted out after minutes of silence.

     I felt Jordan stiffen but he didn't speak. Not right away at least. "Fine, I'll go with you."

     "Alone." I said firmly. "I need to do it alone. I can't keep depending on you to be my safety net. You can't keep protecting me." I took a deep breath and went silent for a few moments before I said "It's selfish of me to expect you to." I whispered the last part. 

      He placed a kiss softly on my neck before he spoke, "I didn't know I was your safety net." I felt the smile stretch across his face which brought a smile upon mine.

      "Stop being silly, I'm serious." I managed to choke out in a considerably strong tone.

      "Fine, but I'm driving you and I'm not leaving without you." he stated firmly.

      "BUT." I stated.

      "But, I'll stay in the car." he finished.

      I kissed him on the cheek and got out of bed before he could do anything. Finding my way to the door only to be stopped by his sudden words.

      "You should probably find a shirt before you open the door and enter the hallway." he laughed and chucked a shirt at me, hitting me directly in my face.

      "You're so sleeping on the floor tonight." I joked and slipped the shirt over my head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Red off the shoulder shirt, white skinny jeans, red converses. No jewelry, no makeup, and fuck my hair. I thought those things over mentally before leaving the bathroom and returning to Jordan's room.

      "Ready?" Jordan asked with his back turned as I entered the room.

      "Hate when you do that." I pointed out. "Yes I'm ready."

       He grabbed his keys off the dresser and kissed me softly on the lips before leaving the room, not saying a word.

       Hearing him run down the stairs and the front door open and close. Damn he moved fast, I thought. I didn't see a need to grab a purse, I wouldn't be there long.

       I sprinted out to the car and climbed in after Jordan. "Hate when you do that too." I growled.

      He only laughed at my unhappiness and started the car. Not very talkative today I see. Choosing not to say anything, we rode to my house in silence.

      When we got there I sat in the car for a few moments before I looked at Jordan with pleading eyes. I needed him to say something. Anything. I wanted to know if talking to her was even the right choice. Although I knew if he told me not to, I would anyway. My mind was made up and I'm too stubborn to change it.

       "You'll be okay." He sounded so sure.

       "Positive?" I asked quietly. I felt like a little kid asking for reassurance.

       He nodded his head, "Positive." kissing me softly before unbuckling my seat belt and leaning over to open my door. "I'm right out here, if your mom isn't in there SCREAM and I'm in the place within seconds." he was smiling but I knew he was serious.

       I nodded and crawled out the car. Taking my sweet time on my way to the front door. I wasn't exactly in a rush to talk to my mom. Not about this, not about anything.

       After a few deep breaths and a couple glances back to Jordan, I went inside. The house was the same as its always been. Dark living room, dark kitchen, and no light upstairs. It always looked empty, unlived in. Depressing even.

       "Mommmmmmm." I shouted.

       Silence filled the house.

       I took more steps into the house and looked around before shouting for her again. "Mommmmm."

       "Haven't seen her." a voice came from the darkness at the top of the stairs.

       My eyes quickly followed the sound and my heart beat increased.

       "Since when?" I asked, trying to sound unaffected but my voice only came out shaky and affected. I still couldn't see who it was but it didn't sound like Larry.

       "Earlier this morning." the voice said again, closer this time.

       Dylan. I rolled my eyes and regained my confidence. Now he didn't scare me.

       "What do you like stay here now?" I spat out with attitude.

        He smiled, showing almost all his teeth. Clearly I amused him. "You look better than you did last time I saw you." He walked into the little light that was shining from the windows and I could see his face clearly. He was attractive.

        "That's not what I asked you."

        "But that’s what I replied with." shrugging and shoving his hands into the pockets of his sweat pants.

         God, he was shirtless. My gaze dropped down to his chest but I quickly tried to find my way back up to his face. Fail.

         His laugh broke my staring and caused me to blush. "So can I like help you?" He asked with joy all through his voice.

         "Do you stay here?" I asked, avoiding his question.

         "I come when I'm needed."

          "Who are you?" I asked looking around the house, searching for my mom again.

          "Who are you?" He replied

           My tolerance for this cute asshole was growing thin and I really wasn't in the mood for him. "Okay." I began. "Since you want to play, we can play."

         He cocked his brow but he didn't speak.

         "You tell me who the hell you are and I won't connect my knee with your balls." I continued. "Not today at least." I added sweetly.

         He laughed loudly and advanced towards me. Stopping only inches away from my face and picking up a strand of my hair to play with. "It’s much more fun being the mystery guy who lives upstairs." he whispered.

       -Hmmm guess who had writers block today. *RAISES HAND* sorry if this chapter is crappy. lol um I don't proofread so sorry for any mistakes. Til next time. ^_^