Chapter 15

I ran to my car because I couldn't help the fear that rose inside my heart. I couldn't stop the tears that spilled from my eyes. I clearly can't control anything. I don't know how to handle anything. That's probably why I was sitting in my car crying like a child.

       I had parked my car on a street between my old house and Jordan's house. I didn't want to cry to Jordan. I was enough of a burden to him. It wasn't right that I kept pouring my life on him and forcing him to deal with it. It wasn't fair that I made him deal with it.

       It had been a couple hours and sure Jordan had called but I couldn't find the balls to answer. My stomach began to growl and I knew it was at least time for me to go get something to eat. I checked myself in the mirror. I looked like death first of all. Second, I couldn't walk into a place of business with red puffy eyes and running eyeliner.

       I wished this was like one of those movies where the girl was sitting in the car and it began to rain and then suddenly a hot guy appeared to comfort her. Well, that didn't happen. The sun was out and alive and no hot guys were in sight. Besides, I didn't want a hot guy when I already had one.

      I buckled my seat belt and started the car. I decided to go to the diner nearby and pick up salads or something for Jordan, his mom, and myself. Better safe than sorry. Maybe they hadn't felt like cooking or something.

     I drove silently until I reached the diner, and then climbed out of my car. The diner was decorated in an old fashion way. Checkered floors and red booths. The whole 70's thing. The place was called Sam's. Everyone here was used to me because I and Jordan came all the time. Except we weren't together then.

     I went and sat at the bar and grabbed a menu, looking it over before a girl from school came over to take my order.

     "Mel, what's been up?" Izzy shouted.

     I rolled my eyes, I had never really liked her and she didn't like me either. So I was unsure why she was being so friendly. I gave a fake smile and greeted her as sweet as I could get out at the time.

     "Izzy...Hi." Her blonde hair was wrapped into a messy bun and she had on pounds of makeup. Her uniform was clearly being worn wrong, her boobs were completely out and her black jeans were too tight. Do I need to say why I didn't like her? She wasn't my type of girl to be friends with.

      "So heard you and Jordi finally hooked up." She said, pretending to be happy for me because she rolled her eyes after her statement/question.

       "I'll have three of Sam's burgers to go. One without pickles." I said instead of replying to what she said.

       "Umm okay." She looked taken back by my rudeness but scribbled down my order. "Someone’s hungry today. She laughed. "Better slow down, you're already packing a couple pounds this summer break." She half joked, peaking over the counter and looking me up and down.

       I almost told the bitch to move on and go make my food. Instead I counted to ten in my head and convinced myself not to attack her. I wasn't in the mood. "You have a job, go do it."

       She rolled her eyes and stomped off and shouted my order to the cook in the back. I tapped my hands on the counter as I waited for my food. A new waiter brought me my food and I handed to young looking boy my money and told him to keep the change.

       Grabbing the food and walking calmly back to my car. I went straight home because I didn't want the food to get cold. My mood was beginning to lighten up and on the bright side my cheeks were their normal color and my eyes weren't puffy anymore.