Chapter 5

-Really late on the upload, sorry. NOT PROOF READ. Enjoy. & sorry for any mistakes (point them out if you find them)

    After I calmed down and convinced Jordan I was fine he let me go and we crawled out of the small closet we were in.

    He slowly dismissed himself from the room and went to warm up our breakfast from McDonalds. Completely embarrassed that I had just freaked out like that in front of Jordan. I mean he'd seen me have the nightmares before, but never one like this.

    Before he returned, I gathered all my things that I had packed just hours before and climbed back out his window. Same way in, same way out, I thought while sprinting to my car as quickly as I could.

     I threw my belongings in the backseat and climbed in the car in swift movements. I had to get away before Jordan knew I had slipped out his room. He would want to talk about it. He would ask questions. Questions I didn't want to answer. Questions I knew I couldn't refuse answering after last night with him.

     I'd had sex with Jordan. That made me more vulnerable than before. I already hated keeping my past a secret from him, now it made me feel like I was hiding important facts from my lover or something. And I know that sounds crazy.

     I started my car and sped off the street. I didn't want to go home. I wasn't ready to deal with my mom, I didn't want to. Usually my escape would be to go to Jordan but seeing as though I had just ran away from there like a prisoner, his house wasn't an option.

     I turned the corner and decided to drive around aimlessly until I cleared my head. 

     When I finally got home at 4:00 PM, I was tired and worn out to say the least. I checked my phone and I had 10 missed calls from Jordan. None from my mom and by the looks of things the house was still empty.  

     Figures, I thought. She probably found some new random guy to cling onto like she always did. I rolled my eyes at the thought.

     I dragged my body to the kitchen. I didn't even realize how hungry I was until my stomach tried to attack my heart. Okay, maybe I'm being a tad dramatic but I was truly hungry. I opened the refrigerator door only to find last week’s dinner and a pack of ham.

     My mom really did a wonderful job of taking care of her only child. I grabbed the pack of ham and the mustard and walked over to the counter where the bread was.

     In the middle of making my sandwich Paramore-Fences started to play, coming from my phone. That was Jordan's ringtone. I smiled at the thought; it was his ringtone because out of all the Paramore songs, he only hated that one.

     My smile quickly faded when I realized I would have to face him sooner or later. It was either I answer this phone call, or within 10 minutes hear a knock at my front door.

     Well clearly I picked to take the phone call. It was easier to face him when I couldn't see his face and his beautiful grey eyes bore into my brown ones. Watch his dimple show in his right cheek when he had something to say but held back. But that's beside the point.

      I took a deep breath and walked over to the other counter where my phone was. I picked up the phone and answered it, sighing before I spoke.

     "What’s up?" I asked in my most cheerful voice I could push out at the time.

      "Really, Mel!" he shouted. "That’s all you have to say, is a casual WHAT'S UP like we don't have stuff to talk about." he shouted, even louder than before

       I took the phone away from my ear and stared back at it, wishing he could see my face right now. I didn't need him yelling at me like he was my father or some concerned boyfriend.

       I pushed out a deep sigh and responded with "we don't have anything to talk about." I stated casually.

       I heard him throw something in the background as he let out a loud groan. "I'm coming over if you don't just talk to me now. And we both know you don't want me to come over." he threatened.

      Just when I was about to reply to him with tons of sarcasm I heard the front door open and close. After came my mother’s loud voice shouting out my name. Making sure she stretched every single letter.

      "Melannnnnnnieeeeeee. Momma has a surprise for you. Come out from where you are."

       I rolled my eyes at her implying that I was in hiding or something. Sure, I stayed in my room but that’s not hiding exactly.

       I hung up on Jordan without any warning or explanation. I'll deal with him later. One battle at a time, I thought.

        Sitting my phone down next to my sandwich, I walked out the kitchen to greet my mom. My eyes started from the floor and worked their way up her body. Taking in her outfit, it was the same one she had on last night. My eyes stopped when they reached her hands.

        She was holding someone's hand. It was then when I noticed a second pair of feet standing next to my mom. Standing proudly. My eyes shot back up to her hands. I remembered those hands.

      It couldn't be. She wouldn't.

      My heart sank and felt like it busted into flames. Fear filled my eyes and my throat became dry. I felt my hands begin to shake.

      She could and she did.

       He was back. 

-Ah how we love cliff hangers ! This was a filler. I'm itching to just tell you guys what happened to her, I want to so bad. BUT, I’m not just yet. Umm drop a comment below tell me what you think and vote if you liked it ! Til' next time ^.^