Chapter 1: Sealed Shut

Hello Everyone, welcome to The Hollowed Eye Man. A creature that creates all those sounds that you hear in the middle of the night. The thing that looks back at you through your mirror. The thing that stands outside your window and doesn't move. That's the hollowed eye man. Anyways, thank you for taking time out of your day to give this book a shot, I hope it makes your skin crawl but also you find it enjoyable, and please vote and comment on the story it would really mean a lot. And all constructive criticism is welcome. So with that said I'll let you begin. Ps. I don't usually put music covers for the video but I believe this one captures the atmosphere of this story nearly perfectly, and it'll all make sense as the story  unfolds.

The thunder tore open the sky as it boomed into existence. The lightning illuminated the world around me as the rain poured down even harder. The repeated taping of the drops bounced off the window and it was almost soothing to listen to. The lights in the house were all turned off while I was finally winding down for the night, the tv provided the only light as I flicked through the channels. I was alone. My parents were gone on vacation and this was like any other summer night, everything was calm. I loved listening to the storms even though the dying tree outside was a swaying nightmare, as the wind continued to howl like wolves at a full moon.

Yet with all that said I sat there in peace. I wasn't concerned, I never really was. This was just the way life was. I flicked through a few more channels as my phone lit up beside me. Picking it up I looked at the name and smiled. It was the light of my life. Sophie.

Sophie had been my best friend since we were kids and we shared a lot of memories with one another. She was always the tom boy next door, scaring away a lot of people and the two of us being the isolated loners we were, it only brought us closer together. Even in our highest and lowest moments we were right there beside each other. We had dated other people to preserve the friendship our parents had and we didn't want to make it awkward for them, but one thing led to another and we couldn't stop fate. A bad break up on her end, led her running into my arms and our first kiss.

It was last summer, around this time. She showed up in the middle of the night. She didn't use the door either, instead went straight to the window of my room which was thankfully in the basement. We had a signature knock just in case and I heard it tapping on my window. I was dazed and looked outside only to see her laying on the ground looking in, makeup smeared on her face and somehow I knew she was in a critical emotion state. I slid the window open and pushed out the screen while she remained silent and slid her lower half in.Trying to help her I grabbed her waist and she slipped the rest of the way in while her arms wrapped around my neck.

"Hey." She whispered quietly trying to hide her crying.

"Hey." I whispered back while dragging my thumb across her cheek to remove some of the smeared makeup.

"I'm such an idiot." She blurted out before the tears started, and she buried her head in her hands.

I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and held her close to my side.

"You're not an idiot, you're perfect." The words slipped out of my mouth causing her to look up at me.

"Perfect? Me? Really?" She lightly laughed to herself as she pulled her head away from her hands. "Do you really mean that?"

I realized I was in a position that I never Intended to be in, but I was still partially asleep and before thinking I was already digging what might be the grave to our parents friendship.

"Yea you're perfect, and truthfully I've had a massive crush on you for a while now." I confessed feeling my heart beat suddenly get faster.

"How long's a while?" She asked with a small smile now on her face