Chapter 12

All I saw was white.

All I felt was coldness.

I began to slowly look around in the spacey empty world I had found myself in. It was like a vacuum, nothing but white everywhere. I quickly touched my body in panic, hoping I was still fully intact, and when I felt my hoody, hair and cap, I took a scared breath out.

Where was I?

Where was everybody else?

All I could remember doing was slamming my hand into the red button, hoping I would be sent back to the past... but here I was... in nothing.

I suddenly felt a sense of panic come over me, as I floated in this realm, and I gulped, crying.

"Am I... d-d-dead?"

I swished around, looking for someone to answer me but couldn't see a thing. A sudden realization came upon me and I felt tears start to pour down my cheeks.

"I'm DEAD! DEAD!" I yelled in terror. I looked all around and yelled, "SOMEONE! HELP! HELP ME PLEASE!"

There was no response. I started to cradle my knees, just crying like a baby when I heard a voice say.

"You're not dead, Alvin... stop over-exaggerating,"

I froze and looked around for that voice. It sounded so familiar, and I peeped out afraid.

"Simon...?"

"No, the whiteness..." he replied and I snapped back up into a standing floating position, looking around everywhere for him but couldn't catch sight of my brother anyway.

"W-where, where are you?" I begged. I was getting frustrated now, and only heard him respond.

"Above you, dummy."

I twisted my head upwards and saw my brother in a meditative pose floating overhead me and going, "Ommmmmm."

I raised an eyebrow up, a bit put off by his calmness and began to wave my arms from side to side, trying to reach him.

It was like I was swimming in air, as I eventually reached his height, and flipped around a few times unsteadily from the lack of gravity. When I was able to steady myself, at last, I demanded from my brother.

"SIMON! WHERE ARE WE?!"

"In the space..." he began, and I opened my mouth slightly, pulling an annoyed expression at his vagueness, "between time."

"Oh!" I said, taking this in. But... but it didn't make any bloody sense! "Huh?!"

"Oh, you are stupid..." Simon only said with a roll of his eyes, and looked at me, folding his small arms and continuing, "When I woke up in the future, I was here... in this whiteness. I soon discovered by going back in my memory that this was the mental plane I had been studying for the last two years, trying to discover why I couldn't remember anything from that day."

"What the heck is the mental plane?"

"Just another realm of existence." Simon replied plainly, as if the question was the answer itself, "But enough about the plane. The point is, I looked back at a memory which showed that the time machine originally recorded two brain waves... and would only work when those two brain waves were present."

"So that means...?"

"I got stuck in this realm because, of the lack of better words..." Simon groaned, pressing the bridge of his muzzle frustrated before turning his eyes back at me, "You."

"Oh, Simon, bro! I am so sorry for everything!" I said in haste, pleading for his forgiveness over my foolishness. I tumbled forward before grabbing his left arm to steady me, Simon pulling a disconcerting look, "I thought that by changing the past, I could make my future awesome!"

The way I said that sounded too enthusiastic I realized, as my brother only cocked a bored eyebrow up at me and I sighed. I steadied myself beside him and continued.

"But it was by coming to this alternate reality, that I realized..." I gulped, hating swallowing down my pride, "That..."

"Yes?" he said, waiting for me to spit it out.

"THAT..." I hated to admit when I was wrong, but just sighed and said quietly, "That I realized... my present was already... perfect..."

"No," Simon said sarcastically, and pushed me slightly away from him, adding on, "You think?"

"YES," I stressed and he just gave a small smile, as if almost feeling pity for me.

"Thank you for realizing that." he just said, clapping his hands together a few times in a slow applaud and I hated his patronising. But I had to admit, Simon was right.

"So," I continued, saying with as much truth and honesty I would let myself show my brother, "If we ever get out of this place, and back to that past... I promise, no I SWEAR, I will live that day properly..." I sighed, looking at Simon's grinning cocky face, "I swear."

"Good," My brainiac brother said back to me slowly, and pat me on the shoulder, giving me a small smile as he pointed me towards a dark hole in the distance, that was slowly approaching.

"Because, this time," he said with encouragement, and bravery, and everything I wasn't at that moment, "We do this, together."

"Simon...?" I said, freaking out as the black hole was getting closer, larger and pounding forward in gigantic thumps, "W-what is that?"

I tried to run away in a terrible floating panic, but Simon gripped onto my shoulders and held me in place.

"Don't worry, time was just waiting for you."

"T-time?" I peeped out in terror as the blackness started to surround us, and I waved my hand nervously in it, saying petrified, "H-hello... t-time! Please don't kill me..." I begged, squinting my eyes closed as it enveloped me in its darkness.

All was silent for a moment until I heard Miss Smith's voice say to me.

"Alvin Seville."

I tightened up in my stance, my eyes still closed, but when I heard her clear her voice to get my attention, I opened them and looked to see I was back in the classroom of my school.

I looked at the date, seeing it was September again, three years ago, and she continued on.

"Alvin Seville, didn't you have something you said you needed to announce?"

I looked ahead of me, at the students in the room. I could see the Chipettes, and Theodore sitting at their desks like nothing was the matter.

And then I saw Simon, his hands clasped together on the desk, looking at me with expectant waiting eyes.

I took a nervous gulp and a breath in as Miss Smith continued.

"Well, Alvin?" She waited for me to say something, anything, "What's the big news...?"

I opened my mouth slowly, the class waiting to hear my words.

And... I... said...