Chapter 4

When we left school for the bus that day, I was on such a high I felt like I could literally fly. All the students were cheering as me, Theodore and the chipettes entered onto the bus, and we took our seats in the two seats in the front.

The bus however really burst into laughter when Derek came on, and he only had his eyes to the ground... as if a part of him had broken.

I was confused by this, and felt Theodore nudge me as my brother said to me quietly.

"Do you think you might've gone a bit too far with Derek today?"

"What? Pff! No!" I said instantly, shoving that accusation off quickly, and Brittany looked at me from the seat across the way, shaking her head and just turning her eyes away. Sad and again seeming hurt almost.

WHY THE HECK WAS SHE HURT?! I thought again. It wasn't like she was the one I totally humiliated.

I couldn't stand it and jumped off my seat, scooting in between the chipettes on their bus spot across the aisle from me.

"Hey, Brit..." I said, nervously, but felt stupid in being so nervous over nothing, "You've been quite off today."

"Oh, you think?" Eleanor said, pointing out the obvious. She also sounded mad, but I think it was just because her two older sister's had been a bit distant after the incident in the hallway.

"Yeah, Alvin... I am..." Brittany muttered quietly, her voice sounded soft and barely spoken.

"Yeah, well why? I thought everyone hated Derek?! He's such a douche!"

"What are you talking about?!" Brittany just suddenly snapped back at me, and glared me right in the eyes, "Today was Derek's first day back after his dad's cancer last spring!"

I held my finger up in a frozen point... mighty confused at that fact.

"...what?"

"Yeah, and... you made him feel completely isolated..." Jeanette whimpered, almost seeming upset by this fact.

"-Ohhhhh..."

my words trailed off as I realized suddenly my huge mistake. That's right! Derek had taken a leave of absence before this present past year day!

He hadn't built up such a reputation of being the school bully yet... and somehow, I feel like, I had suddenly made a MEGA mistake.

"I'm sure he'll get over it," I said quickly and began to get off the seat in a hurry, but Brittany caught my arm and yanked me back in place as she warned.

"Oh, he better... because you might've ruined his self esteem for the rest of his life!"

"AH HA HA!" I shouted in a forced laugh, and pushed her hold off in a hard shove, "No... in fact, I think I just made him a better person."

"What?"

Yeah, I thought quickly, analyzing this in my head in a flash. Derek may not bully anyone else here for the rest of his life! What I did, might actually make him a much better guy!

I was grinning cockily at my thoughts and Brittany pulled me a confused look.

"Explain how?"

"No time to," I said with a wink at her and she held her breath in, frustrated, "We have to work on getting this party ready for five o clock."

At that the bus pulled up at our house, and I hurried out of it, the other four following me in less racy steps.

As soon as I stepped foot in the house, I was confronted with Simon standing in the hallway with his arms folded and his eyebrows dangerously low.

"Oh, hi, Simon." I said instantly, but was actually freaking out inside.

"Simon, what are you doing home?" Brittany asked confused, "Alvin said you were helping out with something at school."

"Oh, he did, did he?" Simon spoke coldly, still in his threatening stance and Theodore peeped in innocently.

"He did."

"I came home early sick... got a, er, headache... but there was no one home as Dave had left a note saying that he had gone to 'save' Alvin."

"Good ole' Dave!" I said, swinging my arm up in happy admiration, "Always thinks I need saving."

"Oh, you will in a minute..." Simon growled and the others looked so nervous at the way he was glaring at me that Brittany just said pointing to the kitchen.

"We'll just go get snacks ready for the party..."

They hurried by Simon, my brother still staying scarily still and I laughed, walking by him and heading upstairs to our room, when he yanked me by my hoody's collar, and I nearly choked at the sudden grasp.

"Jeeze, Si, relax! I have everything under control!" I said quickly, coughing out the words as my neck was sore from the sudden grasp.

I turned to look at him and noticed he was nearly turning red with fury.

"How many students did you invite, per say, Alvin?" he said, his voice calm but having a slicing undercurrent of rage in it.

"Just..." I said offhandedly, and shook his hold off, taking a few nervous steps back as I began heading quickly for the stairs. "-just the whole school!"

"ALVIN!" he screamed suddenly, and ran after me in a terrifying sprint as I jumped the stairs mighty afraid of his wrath.

"The whole school! Alvin! You've changed things beyond recognition, YOU DO REALIZE!" he yelled and I reached the second floor, panting as I ran towards our room, but he suddenly pinned me down as he jumped through the air, and we both tumbled across the floor. But I managed to hold my brother down as I said hastily.

"Look, Si, I didn't ruin anything! In fact, I bet you that when we go back to the future that everything will be awesome! Better than awesome! It will be a utopia, Si!"

"No!" He hissed, and shoved me off, panting as he knelt up on his elbows and looked at me, furiously, "Alvin, things are never better in the future when something bad happens in the past."

"But, Simon!" I said in haste, and helped him up nervously back to our feet, "I didn't do anything bad today, I did everything great!"

Simon just looked at me warily and pointed his finger at me, speaking quietly in rage.

"So you think, that our future will be better than what it originally was?"

"Er, duh!"

He looked at me crossly, his lips making a discerning frown and he just began to head down the stairs again, saying quietly.

"I'm warning you, Alvin... you better not have ruined not only our future, but everyone else's."

"Where are you going?" I asked as he began to hop down the stairs.

"The time booth still needs to be collaborated and engineered a little... I'm going to the basement."

"Good, good!" I said instantly and waved goodbye, as he turned only to glare at me from halfway down the stairs, "Oh, and by the way, Si. Party starts in an hour."

"What?!" he snapped, and I just tapped the clock on my phone quickly, adding slyly.

"Tick tock, brother dearest!"

"Grr!" He growled nearly pulling his hair out in frustration and hurried down the stairs.

When I heard the basement door slam close, I breathed a sigh of relief, only to hear a confused high voice ask back lost.

"Time... booth?"

"Gah!" I yelped, tumbling back and looked around for who said that, seeing down stairs, Theodore looking up at me, confused.

"Er, I meant-" I added on quickly and he looked at me astonished as he said, worriedly.

"Alvin... are you... are you a time traveler?"