Chapter 8

Talk. Yeah right. More like interrogate.

I couldn't believe what my brother was getting at as we headed back to Dave's house. It was like Theodore was a completely different chipmunk! I thought it took, like, years to become an agent... but then memories flew back at me as we were in the car driving into the town.

'Alvin, Alvin! Did you stop her?!'

Theodore pleaded to know something and I looked at him aghast at what he meant.

'Stop who, Theodore?'

'Brittany from pushing the button!'

'What?" I had barked in laughter at the ridiculousness, 'Theo, you've been watching too many spy films.'

'But don't you remember?! You said you were on a mission from the future to stop the world from exploding?!' he whined and I chuckled at the ludicrousness of that sentence.

'Right..., Sure I did,'

I walked away from my brother, thinking him insane, 'And where would this time machine be? Huh? Hidden somewhere in this house?'

Theodore's eyes widened when he heard this, and he touched his hand to his chin thinking, as he uttered to himself while I left in laughter.

'Maybe... maybe it is...'

"Alvin..."

"-TIME MACHINE!" I snapped out of the memory and Theodore looked at me quietly, his eyes concentrating on me hard as I sat on the car seat away from him.

"What about the time machine?" he said quietly, and I slowly turned my head to look at him, in horror.

He had remembered that lie I had told him about Brittany... but he had also remembered the truth of that machine.

"What DO YOU mean about a time machine?" I said, panicked. And Theodore's eyes blinked wide opened as he suddenly lunged forward from his seat and grabbed me by my sparkly hoody, asking.

"So you do remember? Is that you, Alvin? My brother from the future?!"

I remained quiet for a second, and I before I could peep out a lie, or heck, even the truth, Dave said to us with a happy voice.

"Boys, we're nearly home!"

Theodore glared at me for a second, before letting go of his grip around my collar, and I took heavy pants out in terror.

"We'll talk about this at home..." Theodore said in a deadly tone, and I nodded my head frightened, gulping.

Again another memory flashed through my mind...

'I'm telling you! I know about the button!' Theodore had pleaded for me to understand, and I rolled my eyes, sick and tired of him still going on about this.

We were walking to school, and it seemed we were still in our mid-teens.

Suddenly a black car pulled up beside us and the window wound down. Theo and I looked at it confused when a man wearing black sunglasses and a dark suit, said.

'WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT A BUTTON AND TIME TRAVEL?'

'I, er?' Theodore whimpered afraid and the man seized him, pulling him into the car.

'THEODORE!' I screamed, and the man looked at me, pointing a gun at me as he said back quietly.

'You'll get him back in two years... he is no longer your brother until he talks.'