Chapter 2

Today seemed like any other normal day for Jason. Just go to work, cook, then go home, but little did he know that tonight was going to be a little different. Jason didn't expect to meet a tiny woman on his way home.

She was a little smaller than most humans, standing in around five feet. She had short messy black hair and pale skin, but the most concerning thing about her was how skinny she was. The girl didn't look like she ate in a while. He couldn't just walk by and do nothing. Jason crouched down and tried to offer help but she only freaked out. Jason was even more concerned as he noticed she was swaying as she stood. She had to be dehydrated too.

When she collapsed, he knew he had to help. Jason carefully scooped the small girl up. Her skin felt like ice.

"This isn't good." Jason muttered.

To protect her from the cold winds, Jason placed her in the chest pocket of his blue jacket and placed his hand over the pocket to keep her from moving around as he hastily made his way back to the apartment.

Once he got there, he cautiously entered the lobby. Fortunately, Andrew wasn't around.

He descended down to the basement and strolled down the dark hallway. To the right was his room. He opened the door and turned on the lights.

His apartment was not much, in fact it probably didn't even classify as a real apartment. Everything was just one room. The kitchen, the living room, the bedroom, all in one room. The only other room in his 'apartment' was a small bathroom.

Jason walked into his tiny kitchen and and placed some napkins on the counter before taking the small woman out.

Fortunately, she didn't seem as cold as before but she was still unconscious.

He placed her on the napkins and began shuffling around for supplies. He grabbed a bowl and filled it with water, next he grabbed some crackers and broke them into little pieces for her to eat when she wakes up.

Jason gently placed his index finger under her legs to elevate them so the blood would flow to her head.

He stared at her with sad eyes. The poor girl was struggling to stay alive out there.

"Don't worry," He whispered. "I'll take care of you."