Chapter 10

Taleah & I were both up bright and early for a long day at work due to an inspection and the big boss (Helena Valentine, the lady who started Seventeen) was coming to make sure that we were running it the way that we were supposed to and was to her standard.

As I did my morning routine Taleah was blasting the music and there are only two probable reasons why she would have it so loud that the whole neighborhood would hear it. Eeither she is having a party or is really nervous and needs to calm down. I do the same thing but there is literally nothing to be scared about. Well there is but isn't. I mean like we have to be worried because we are transfers so they have a closer eye on us but other than that we are fine.

On the way to work we made our way over to our usual pit stop 'Starbucks'. I tried to confront Taleah as we drove here but she would change the subject. I could tell that she was also upset about something else rather than work but she likes to try and hide stuff from so I always have to try and figure it out like it is some kind of mind game. She wouldn't tell me what was going on, I kept pushing but if I kept pushing I know that I would lose my shit so I stopped.

When we arrived there was no sign of anyone in the general area, naturally I freaked out so we were frantically searching the building. We looked everywhere and the last place to look was on set and sure enough that wsa where all the employee's were sitting infront of the one and only Helena Valentine. No one noticed our entrance except Jayde who motioned for us to come sit next to her. When we were seated I finally had a clear view of Helena. She is short, with a pale complextion, long straight black hair with a side fringe and a few high lights. Her outfit is so on point, better than I could ever do plus I don't wear colours. She had a beautful navy blue maxi dress on with a chunky diamond belt and simple black high heels.

We sat there for another good half an hour just listening to tricks and tips that Katalina wanted to share with us. I tried to take mental notes. When she had finished with her pep talk both Taleah & I were called into Tracy's office. We were finally called in after a long line up. I freaked out when it sunk in that I was sat across from Helena Valentine.

"Hello I am.." said Helena before she was cut off by Taleah "Oh we know who you are, it's nice to meet you. I am Taleah" she said as she shook her hand.

"Yeah and I am Shania, not that anyone cares" I said as I also stood up to shake her hand. As I took my seat once again Helena and Tracy explained why it is that they wanted to talk to us. Turns out there is some serious business that we need to discuss but they were taking so long to get to the point.

"Okay look, I am sorry if this sounds rude but would you mind cutting straight to the point" Taleah said ever so nicely but rude at the same time, she is good at that.

"Right! I am sorry, I tend to do that" said Helena apologetic.

"Well you are my two transfers, right?" said Tracy.

"Right?" I said back confused.

"Well that means that you can be moved around to where ever and at any time, right?" explained Tracy.

"Right?" I said once again still confused.

"Well I am sorry to say this girls but one of you have to go back to Australia" Tracy said genuinely upset.

"What? No! This can't be happening" Taleah said almost yelling. I could understand her anger but there is no arguing it has to be done.

"I decided that, no offense Taleah but we need orignality and quirkinese, real people and that is Shania, her modelling skills are outstanding, her photography skills are also outstanding and she has had a few more experince than you so that is why we want Shania to stay" Tracy said but was begining to choke up so Helena took over. I was so happpy that they chose me to stay and all the kind words they had for me about 'my' work is so overwhelming but at the same time I am upset that I have to say goodbye to Taleah.