six

chapter six
Lyra has a big fat mouth.
Thursday 25th January 2018

It was safe to say that Olivia's Thursday morning was the most exhausting she had experienced in a while. Her body, deprived of valuable sleep that helped function her limbs, refused to let Olivia carry out her usual tasks at her desired pace. Asher wasn't any help, as he was trudging slowly through the apartment, too. He had also been up during the loud events of the night, tossing and turning with worry for his younger sister.

The mother had managed to, somehow, get Sarah Williams to come look after Lyra whilst Olivia went on the school run. Well, watch TV whilst the seven-year-old slept soundly. After dropping Asher off, Olivia had talked to Penny Wildman - an old friend of hers with a lovely daughter - and had, fortunately, been able to get a babysitter for Friday on such short notice.

"You look like you need a nap." Sarah pointed out as she heard the front door close and saw the mother against the door with closed eyes. Olivia gave a light groan, pushing herself off of the door and walking over to the lounge where Sarah was nestled into the couch.

"Tell me about it." She mumbled and ran a hand through her hair which was still slightly damp from the cold shower she had taken this morning. Olivia collapsed onto the sofa that Sarah sat on. She pulled her knees into her chest and rested her head on them, tilting it ever so slightly to glance at her agent. "What possibly could you be working on?"

"Trying to make sure your script gets into the hands of the best director for a great deal of money." She explained. Sarah's fingers ran along the keyboard quickly as she typed out an email to, Olivia guessed, an assistant director.

"You know I'd be fine with whoever got it. Quite frankly, I'm flattered so many directors are after it." Olivia smiled slightly and turned her gaze from the laptop to the TV. Some random cooking show was being played, the usual morning shows that the mother wished she could watch but didn't seem to ever find the time.

"So many are after it because you're one of the best screenwriters out there." Sarah murmured as her concentration still remained on the time-consuming email. The comment made Olivia's insides bubble with pride. She would never agree with the statement, as she could always find fault in her own work but loved how everyone around her was saying it.

"I'm far from it." Olivia shrugged in response, only thinking of trip ups in her career.

"Olivia Jones, don't be so modest." Sarah huffed, finally sending off her email and snapping the laptop shut. The friend turned her attention to Olivia, shifting her body so she was facing the successful woman.

"I'm not being modest!" She protested, rolling her eyes lightly as she tucked her knees into her chest tighter.

"You're the only one in this world that doubts yourself, Liv." Sarah said, a caring smile attached to her lips. "Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about California..." She cringed slightly, dreading bringing up the topic.

"For goodness sake, Sarah! I am not moving to California with my children!" Olivia argued. Her hands flew up at the mention of another country so that her legs fell to the floor. Sarah's lips drew into a thin line.

"Olivia, if you would just hear me out." Sarah asked so that her friend nodded her head for her to continue. Nevertheless, she held a 'you can't persuade me' look on her face. "You're right in the centre of Hollywood. Everyone, and I mean everyone, want's one of your scripts. You're in the best position possible and staying here isn't going to help your career in the slightest."

"I'm not staying here, I told you." Olivia sighed.

"Oh right, I forgot. Instead of moving to the centre of film, you want to move to the countryside with limited phone signal. Great way to ruin your career." Sarcasm was a great way to lighten an argument between Sarah and Olivia. The screenwriter smiled slightly and looked at the floor.